Fifty Nine

May POV

Harry's asleep currently.

My head is groggy as well as my whole body. I slowly get out of bed to use the bathroom. As I walk back my eyes stare to the door across the hall. I bite my lower lip and walk over to it.

My hand grips the door handle and I slowly open the door. My teeth dig into my bottom lip as I take in everything.

I walk over the white crib and look inside and see a light brown bear resting in the middle. There is a few white blankets as well that make me smile gently.

I look to Aprils closet and feel tears sting my eyes. Out on the top are some basic onesie's that have cute little designs. I trace my fingers off of one and take in a sharp breath. My eyes look up to some of the small shoes and I look to the side of the closet and see the dress with the little jacket hanging up.

Tears roll down my cheeks and I wipe them away. I run my hand through my hair and bite my lower lip.

I pick up a onesie that is a light grey and it has small yellow dots and a daisy rests in the middle. I close my eyes and press the small onesie against my chest.

"May?" I hear Harry's sleepy voice ask behind me. I put down the piece of clothing and gulp back the lump in my throat. I turn around and face him. His head is tilted at me. "What are you doing in here?"

"I don't know." I say honestly. I bite my lower lip and walk out of April's nursery. Harry closes the door and looks back to me.

"I thought we said we weren't going to go in there until we both were ready." His voice is low.

"I-I know." I say softly. "I don't know why I went in there." I say honestly.

"Lets just get back to bed, yeah?" Harry's hand extends out toward mine. I take his hand and walk back with him to our room. My eyes look to the clock on his nightstand. It's 6 a.m.

I lay down and pull the blankets to my chest. I look to Harry who looks tired. His eyes are on me. "How are you?" I ask him.

"I'm okay." His voice low. His fingers brush a piece of my hair back. "You?"

"I'm okay." I whisper. "What should we do with her things?" I ask curiously.

Harry doesn't respond for a moment of two. "We can uh give it to good will?" I nod.

"O-okay." I lay back down and close my eyes. His lips touch my cheek.

***

Around 8:30 I had to use the bathroom. As I walk back to my room, I see Aprils bedroom door open. I slowly walk over to the open door and see Harry on the floor crying.

My heart pinches and I kneel down beside him and pull him into my chest. I take the shirt that was in his hands and gently put it on the floor. It says Daddy's little girl.

His shaky hands rest on my back and all I hear is him sob into me. I do what he's being doing for me for months. I comfort and sooth him by kissing his skin and stroking his back and hair.

I haven't seen him cry like this since the hospital.

During this moment I realise we're both broken people who have closure in nothing but the fact that we need each other more than ever.

A://N

Next chapter is probably going to be the last for anyone who is curious , or wanted to know (?)

Comment:vote???

~lauren