Fourteen

{edited}

May POV {college}

I've gathered facts about Cody from just listening in on conversations of girls in my classes.

I've figured out that he's popular, doesn't do relationships, likes to party, likes to drink, every girl wants him, is the school flirt, and likes to mess with girls. Seems like Harry.

This makes me wonder what he wants from me. My luck it will be a repeat of me being used as a bet.

I scribble down notes in my notebook on the campus library. Someone sits down in the chair beside me. I glance up and see Cody. "Hey beautiful." A smirk on his lips.

"Hola." I mutter.

"You speak Spanish?"

"Not really."

"Say something in Spanish."

"Puta." His eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing." I go back to writing. An amused smile on my lips. "Are you busy this Friday?"

"No, w-why?"

"There's a party at a frat house. I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me."

"I uh, don't do p-parties."

"C'mon, college ones are the most fun."

When I think of college parties I think of being raped, getting alcohol poisoning, getting drugged, and everything negative.

"I'm good, thanks though." I glance up at him. I can't tell if I see disappointment in his eyes or not. "You can probably ask some other girl to go with you."

"I don't want to go with some stranger." Cody mutters. "Did you want to go out then? There's a bowling ally not far from here." I bite my lip.

"You want to spend your Friday night with me at a bowling ally rather than at a party?"

"Yeah." My eyes narrow. "Hard to believe?"

"Very." I look back to my notebook.

"Is that a yes?"

"Sounds fun but I can't."

"You said you were free though." Cody points out.

"I don't have any free cash to pay for shoes and half the two games. I'm on budget." I applied for a job at the campus library actually. It pays minimum wage and I'll be checking books in and out. Or ringing up text books.

"I can pay for us." He says calmly. I tilt my head at him.

"I can't let you do that."

"Why not?"

"Because it's your m-money and you shouldn't s-spend it on me. I applied for a few jobs around town so I can have some m-more spending money. If I get a job and all I'll let you know when w-we can go bowling."