Forty Nine

{edited}

May POV

"Hey May." I hear Adam's voice say from the doorframe of my room. I don't look. I just continue to stare at my elbow.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me while sitting by my legs.

Like fucking shit.

I don't respond. I just keep silent and close my eyes briefly.

"Maybe you should go outside and get some fresh air? Harry's told me you haven't left the apartment in a few weeks."

In this area of Washington, fall is seems to be the season to push babies in strollers around town.

I'd rather not see that.

"May, please tell me what you're thinking about at least." Adam pleas. His voice low.

A few minutes later he gives up and squeezes my leg before standing up and walking away.

My tired eyes soon shut and I dream.

I walk into my bedroom in the early afternoon and see Harry and April on the mattress playing. She's on her back and her arms and legs are in the air. Harry tickles her stomach and she giggles. I sit beside her on the opposite side of Harry and ruffle her growing brown curls.

"You're ticklish just like your Mommy." I smile at his words and play with her small feet. I glance to Harry who's smiling down at April. His dimples are on his cheeks as well as her's.

Her bright blue eyes look to me and she gives me a smile. I lean down and kiss her puffy cheeks and grin. She's my little ball of sunshine.

"I gotta get to class now." Harry huffs. "I'll try to be back within two hours." Harry tells me. I nod. He swiftly picks up our daughter and cradles the 5 month year old in his arms and kisses her cheeks. April giggles.

"Have fun with April, May." Harry says while handing her over to me. "Ha, that's always funny to say." I chuckle gently and rest her on my lap.

Soon Harry leaves the apartment and April and I are alone.

"Hello beautiful." I say while tickling her sides. "Mommy loves you. I hope you know that." I kiss side of her head and hold her tiny hand in my palm.

My eyes open and my heart falls.

It was a dream.

It was a sweet yet cruel dream.

It felt so real almost. Like I was actually holding her and touching her skin. I feel loose tears drop down from my eyes.

A://N

Comment goal: 40?????

thoughts ??

I wrote more to this chapter but it didn't match so that will be in chapter 50

~Lauren