Seven

May POV {high school}

I gently knock on Harry's apartment door and wait. My eyes skim around the hall. Overall his building looks safe.

Soon the door is pulled back with a girl who's laughing. She's tall. Compared to Harry she's probably up to his nose. Me, I just barely reach his shoulders.

Her golden hair is pulled into a messy bun and her green eyes are bright. "Who is it?" Harry's voice comes closer to us. Soon he appears.

"I uh, can come back later." I find myself answering.

"No, I was just leaving. I'll see you in class Harry." The nameless girl walks out of his apartment. My eyes burn on Harry. His hand runs through his curls nonchalantly.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Jen." He opens the door wider so I can fit. "She's a friend of mine."

"You said you were too busy to make friends." I say, my voice defensive.

"I am. She's a school friend and she was helping me with something." Harry pauses. "Are you coming in or...?"

He doesn't want me here, does he?

"If I'm ruining your day off, Harry I'll go back home. I understand that it's your first time off in god knows how long, and you probably just want to hangout with your possible new friends or sleep." I ramble slightly.

"Why would you be ruining my day off?" His eyebrows furrow. "Jen was literally leaving when you showed up." His voice is deep and dismissive. My eyes glance to my shoes. "Just come inside." He sighs.

I step in and Harry closes the door behind me. I see a bottle of wine opened and is on the dinning room table, it's less than half way finished as well. It seems to be a dark red wine from the color. The TV is low as well.

"How was the drive?"

"Was that a date?" I ask aloud.

"No! Why on gods name would you think that?" His green eyes widen.

"Because there's wine out, I can barely hear the TV, you-" Harry cuts me off.

"I am not a fucking cheater May!" His voice yells. "She's a friend."

"If you changed your mind about me coming over you could've told me."

"May can you stop with that?" Harry sighs. "I said I wanted you to come over just a few minutes ago and I meant that."

I just look at my fingers that are fidgeting. I just got here and we're already arguing.

I was in traffic for 2 hours and I'm already exhausted. "So," Harry starts. "How was the drive?"

"Okay." I mutter. His eyes look at me. They soften. His long arms wrap around me and his lips kiss the side of my head.

"I'm sorry for snapping. The thought of you thinking that made me upset."

"It's fine." I mumble. I close my eyes.

"Can you follow me?" Harry asks. I break away from him and nod hesitantly. We walk over to his kitchen. The smell of food makes my stomach grumble. "Jen is at WSU as a culinary major. I wanted to cook something nice for you, so I asked for her help. The wine was for cooking, and she had some. I had a little. The TV is low because I was trying to listen to what she was saying."

I feel like garbage.

Fucking garbage.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I mutter harshly under my breath. I look up to Harry who's biting his lower lip. "I'm sorry for ruining this night for us." I frown.