The worst pain

Pain

The worst pain I have ever felt

My body screams in agony as pain pulses through it. It's as if it goes with my quick heartbeat. Every time I breath, every time I move, pain rockets through my system. My body seems to convulse on the floor, my head hitting the tile each time I land. I go in and out of consciousness, the room spinning above me whenever I do. Sometimes I see Jungkook's face above me, a puzzled expression coloring his eyes and making his eyebrows crease. Sometimes I'm not so lucky.

Sometimes I see the monster. The thing that made me like this. Every time I do, it's like a new wave of pain rips through me like I'm made of paper. Strangled screams leave my mouth as my teeth grind together. I dig my nails into my arm, successfully drawing blood. I don't care though. Any other pain I feel takes away from the pain the thing gives me, making me feel a little better about it.

Suddenly, everything stops. The sudden lack of pain after such a long period of it is almost as painful as the pain itself was. I feel like I can finally breath again. I gulp in air, filling the silent room with my loud breathing. I can feel myself starting to have a panic attack, my brain finally seeming to catch up with all that's happened. I can't let that happen though. The world feels as if it is closing in on me as I wrap my arms protectively around myself. I focus on taking deep breathes, successfully calming myself down a little.

When I feel as if I can look around without falling unconscious again, I open my eyes and squint at the lights above me. I groan as I sit up, my body aching all over. My short hair is all in my face so I use my hand to move it. I am surprised by how close Jungkook is to me, his nose practically touching mine.

"You're still alive?"

Wow. Don't sound so enthusiastic.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you" I say sarcastically, my voice coming out thick and croaky from all of the screaming I had done. The left side of his mouth lifts up in a smile, him going from confused and puzzled to playful and happy. His total 180 in behavior doesn't even phase me at this point, my mind too tired and physically worn out to pay close attention.

"Wait! Jungkook!"

I wince, close my eyes, and lay back down because of the loud yelling, the noise making my head pound tirelessly. I can feel the vibrations of many pairs of feet as people run inside the room, Jungkook moving to stand in front of my lying form.

"Taehyung told us you brought (Y/N) in here."

That was Namjoon.

"You know you're not allowed to show your toy to humans Jungkook!"

I'm pretty sure that one was Jimin.

"If I had known that you were going to bring one of the girls I wouldn't have let you play today."

That was definitely Jin. He sounds.....almost upset.

"Where is she? If you show her your toy she will die" Yoongi says, his voice low and grave. "Or is it already too late?"

They think I'm dead? Was that thing supposed to kill me? Taehyung and Jungkook brought me in here so that they could kill me?

"I don't think (Y/N) liked my toy" Jungkook says. I can tell by the tone of his voice that he is smiling, all of his teeth displayed. I can tell that Jungkook glanced back at me when he speaks next because his voice gets louder, it ringing in my sensitive ears.
"She started screaming as soon as she saw her."

Jimin sighs in frustration, probably looking at my legs that are poking out from behind Jungkook.

"That's because humans can't handle the sight. Their brains are fragile Jungkook, you know that. Too much dark magic and they die a painful death."

Wait, what? But I'm not dead, am I? Do they think that I didn't make it? What does that say about me? Am I somehow not fully human? No. I was born normally. Neither my mom or my dad were demons. Even so, how can they not tell that I am still alive. I can't see them, but they can see me. Why don't they just come over here and discover that I am alright? I try and say something, but I can't. My voice is gone. My limbs feel heavy, my body unresponsive to what I am trying to do. I do manage to open my eyes again though.

The first thing I see is Jungkook's face. He is still looking down at me, like I had assumed he was, his small smile making me feel nervous. He bends down so that he is right in front of me, his feet by my head. His hands are cold as he strokes my cheek, his nails dragging across the skin there.

"Why didn't you like her?"

Because she's a fucking monster that made me feel as if my whole body was submerged in flames. I would have yelled that indignantly if I had been able to talk. He sees this, scooting closer until I could feel his breath on the tip of my nose.

"Why are you not answering me? Can't you speak?"

I blink once, and then twice, getting a hum of understanding from the guy above me.

"Who are you talking to?" Yoongi asks, his voice covered in confusion.

"To (Y/N) of course" is his answer, said so casually that even I am surprised.

"Jungkook.....she's dead....."

I watch as Jungkook shakes his head from side to side, smiling at me as he does so.

"No she's not."

Footsteps are heard from around me as they finally decide to get close enough for me to actually be able to see them. Their eyes hold disbelief, fear, and intrigue as they stare down at me, their mouths open in shock. Taehyung charges towards where I am laying, picking me up by the hem of my shirt. I cry out in pain as he slams me against the wall, my head banging painfully against the plaster. Stars dance in front of my vision as he chokes me, his eyes hard with anger.

"What the fuck are you?"