Catching feelings

"What's up with you today?"

I turn my head towards Jungkook, shooting a smile in his direction. I don't answer his question though, his eyebrows creasing as I continue to look his way while shrugging.

He sits up from his upside down position on top of my bed to share a look with Jimin, both of them shrugging in confusion. I just continue humming, disregarding the creeped out look Jimin throws my way.

I don't blame them for being so confused as to why I am acting this way at all. I have been unusually happy since the night that all of the stuff between Taehyung, his brother, and his father went down.

Ok, that's a lie. It took a couple of weeks for me to get past all of the guilt and shock I was feeling afterwards, but it has been better lately. I have found myself smiling more, engaging in conversations that I would usually be too stressed and out of it to actually participate in. My mood totally switched, and I feel as if everyone has been able to tell as of late.

Jimin suddenly stands from his seated position, his feet hitting against the floor as he rounds the bed and comes to a stop in front of where I am. My eyes widen when he leans in to inspect my face, his eyes narrowed as he frowns. I continue to watch him as he slowly backs up once more, his arms crossing in front of his chest.

"It's Taehyung, isn't it?"

What? Taehyung?

"What are you talking about? My happiness has nothing to do with Taehyung" I say indignantly, the smile I had on my face fading before slipping away to be replaced by a confused grimace. I roll my eyes as the two boys in front of me share another look, it obvious that they don't believe a word that I am saying.

"You keep denying your feelings for him, but we can see right through you" Jungkook says with a grin, his bunny smile making an appearance as his eyes crinkle cutely.

"Shut up" I grumble with a sigh, suddenly not as joyous as I was before. "Your opinions are irrelevant."

"Besides" I say with a toss of my hair, the motion not as pronounced since it is still relatively short. "I don't even like him."

"Like who?"

My eyes widen as I turn to look at the two guys in front of me, my heart sputtering in my chest. They look right back at me, twin looks of horror and surprise on their faces. We all turn to look at my door at the same time, it obvious that none of us had heard it open.

Hoseok and Yoongi are leaning against the wall beside my open door with their arms crossed in front of them, similar expressions in their faces. I can't help but let out the breath that I was holding when I realize that it was them and not who we were talking about, my heart rate returning to a steady beat when I get over my initial shock.

"Yah! What was that for?" I yell indignantly, standing up from my bed as the two males walk further into the room.

"What? Scared we'll tell Taehyung about how you feel?" Yoongi asks tauntingly, a lazy smirk decorating his face. I can feel my cheeks as they heat up, but I'm not sure if I'm flustered or just upset that everyone seems to like getting in my business.

"It's ok (Y/N)" Hoseok says as he comes over to my side and wraps a protective arm around me. He smirks down at me as I peer up at him in question, his hand rubbing against my shoulder in a comforting motion.

"We won't tell him."

"Fuck all of you" I say with a sneer, pushing him away from me as everyone starts laughing at my ticked off expression. I huff like the immature little girl I am before storming out of my room, crossing my arms as I pout.

"Awe, (Y/N)" Jimin's eyes disappear as he smiles up at me, his arm falling around my shoulders.

"Don't be mad."

"I'm not" is my curt answer, my eyebrows furrowed in fake aggravation. They know I can't stay mad at them for too long.

They know that the false anger is just a facade to hide the fact that they might be right. That I might actually be falling for the guy that I had been trying so hard to shut out.

It's hard though. It's hard to not fall when he is around me all of the time. When his slight smiles bring light to his eyes, the twinkle in them mischievous as well as secretive. He's a hard person to read, seeing as he rarely ever shows his true emotions, but sometimes he lets his true colors shine through. That's when I find it the hardest. When he lets his true emotions show, the radiance making it difficult to breathe.

But I also hate this feeling of weakness. This feeling of helplessness whenever he is around. I don't want to like him. I keep having internal battles in my mind about what he has done to me in the past and how it made me feel. How he degraded me and then acted as if he didn't care about how it hurt me; how it broke me.

"It's weird though" Yoongi says suddenly, breaking me out of my momentary daze. I turn to look at him as we get closer to the dining room, it a little awkward seeing as he is behind me and Jimin's arm is still around my shoulders.

"What is?" Hoseok asks from the other side of me, his hand coming down to rest on my head. I tsk before pushing it off of me, turning my attention back onto the oldest member of our little entourage.

"Taehyung. He's becoming more open now days, I guess. I've never seen him like this before."

I smile a little before I catch myself and turn towards the dining room door to open it, not wanting my true feelings to show. That news shouldn't affect me the way that it did, yet I can't help but feel a slight blush as it appears on my cheeks as I speculate that I might be the reason for Taehyung getting past his Sin and coming out of his shell.

I open the door and my eyes immediately gravitate towards him, it as if a force had pulled my sight in that direction. What I see is unsettling though, the shock that it gives me literally causing me to stop my forward movement and freeze in place.

I had forgotten all about her, thinking that she might have gone home after our encounter. That obviously wasn't the case, my eyes unable to look away as she uses her hand to flick her hair away from her shoulder just for it to land on her back.

"Jimin?" I whisper softly, a slight tingling sensation starting up in my throat as I gaze at the pair laughing and openly flirting in front of us.

"Why is your sister sitting on Tae's lap?"