Aftermath

Everything is dark

I can't see a thing, the darkness shrouding my vision like an ominous cloud of despair and mystery. I can feel my lips tremble as bursts of air escape between them, it sounding ragged and strained in my ears. It's as if my senses are heightened due to my eyes being closed, my heart thudding erratically in my chest.

I appear to be sitting down, the floor cold beneath me. My hands are trembling uncontrollably as they rest on the ground below me, barely able to keep me upright. I don't know what's going on around me anymore, my whole body shaking as fear begins to overwhelm my mind.

"(Y/N)?"

I jolt at the sudden voice, my heart rate picking up exponentially, but I don't move more than that. I know who spoke, able to recognize Taehyung's voice easily. If he's ok, then everything is fine. If he's ok, nothing bad actually happened......right?

I open my eyes with difficulty, the first thing I am met with being the wall in front of me. The surprising sight makes me freeze, all of the air leaving my lungs as my eyes widen to the point of it being painful. It is covered in blood, the liquid dripping slightly.

It is dark red in color, it looking as if it was splattered. My eyes move down the wall until they get to the bottom, a strangled sob escaping my lips as I do so. I can't seem to look away from the mangled body laying in front of it, blood covering his whole figure. I immediately know who it is, it as if something in my stunned brain clicked and put everything into place. James' eyes stare at me unblinkingly, them glazed over and unseeing.

I should feel bad that Taehyung's brother is dead, but I don't. I don't feel any sadness or remorse at all, and that is messing with my head. What he did to me was horrible, but I thought that I would at least feel bad that something happened to him. The fact that I don't is what has me crying harder, my hands reaching up to cover my mouth in shock at my lack of humanity.

The smell makes me stop, my tears running down my cheeks as my breath hitches. The coppery tang that reaches my nose is so strong that it makes me want to throw up, my hands trembling as I refrain from looking at them. I instead look at James' corpse, slowly lowering my gaze until it lands on the floor in front of him.

I realize that I still haven't looked over in Taehyung's direction, but I can't seem to pull my eyes away from the floor. Deep red footprints can be seen leading away from James' body, them a little uneven. It's as if the person they belong to was stumbling when they left the scene.

I then follow their path, it getting harder to breathe with each passing second. My eyes stop on another bloodied body laying in the middle of the floor, his back towards me. Even from here I can tell that it is Taehyung's father who is now dead in the middle of the room, a puddle of blood surrounding him. The footprints aren't around his body though, them only starting up again directly in front of where I am currently sitting with my back up against the wall.

My feet are completely covered in blood. The dark color encompasses them, blocking out my natural skin color with ease. The sticky substance looks to be dry now, it going up my legs and spattered on the white fabric of the bathrobe I am in. The red drops have stained the once pure white article of clothing just like the death has tainted my soul. I cover my eyes with my blood-stained hands as flashes of what happened enter my mind, the room suddenly spinning around me.

A wave of electricity surging through my body and making James release me, his eyes wide in shock as I turned to him and grabbed hold of his neck

The sound of his bones breaking as I rammed him into the far wall, strength flowing through my body as it hummed with power

My hands clawing through his body as if I had claws for fingers, my lips turned up into a sadistic smile as the madness of revenge remakes havoc on my fragile mind

His body falling to the ground in a lifeless heap, my bare feet getting soaked in the blood flowing freely from his wounds

Taehyung's father yelling as the room shook, rage burning in his eyes as the force pushed me back and against the wall

The room going silent as something metal appears from his stomach, his eyes wide in shock as he turns to look at Taehyung, who had just stabbed him from behind

"T-Taehyung" I whisper pathetically, crying harder once everything starts getting put into place. He killed his own father, and I killed his brother. He has no family left now, my hands trembling with pity as my eyes search for his.

"Shh, it's ok (Y/N). I'm right here."

His warmth envelopes me, my tense body relaxing even when it shouldn't. He doesn't seem to care that I am covered in blood, his arms wrapping around my shaking body as I seek his comfort.

"I'm sorry. I-I'm so s-sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" he asks quietly, pulling away to look at my face. I inwardly cringe at how bruised and beaten he looks, my hand reaching up to lightly touch one of the bruises on his beautiful face. He flinches when my fingertip brushes against the bruise but he doesn't move away, instead leaning into my hand as it rests on his cheek.

"You killed y-your own father" I whisper, still in shock over what happened. I don't even know what happened to me, it still a mystery as to how and why my powers manifested when they did.

I am brought back when I feel Taehyung's lips touching mine, my eyes wide as I stare into his after he pulls away. My hand is still on his cheek, a soft smile on his face as he looks down at me.

"What I said earlier was true" he whispers against my lips before connecting them again, taking me by surprise. I kiss him back though, his mouth molding with mine perfectly. When we pull away he rests his forehead against mine, my eyes closed as he cups both of my cheeks in his large hands.

"I would do anything to protect you."