James

The room is incredibly tense, our eyes alternating between looking at Taehyung to his father to the mysterious new guy.

His eyes are the same blue as the rest of the demons in here, meaning that he is one himself. They rake over my still-standing form an I can't help but feel exposed and vulnerable, it as if he can see every secret and insecurity that I have been hiding. He smirks when he sees me looking and I immediately look away, not liking the maniacal glint in his eyes.

"What are you doing here James?" Taehyung asks with a resigned sigh, bringing our attention back to him. His gaze still hasn't left me when I turn back to him, Jungkook tensing beside me when he realizes as well. James chuckles as he lazily drags his eyes away from my body, turning back to Taehyung as he pushes himself away from the wall.

"Nice to see you too, brother. The warm welcome is appreciated."

Brother? I didn't know that Taehyung had a brother. It was never mentioned before, but it's obvious that the guys knew about it. They just look tense while the girls and I look confused at this exchange.

I can see Taehyung's hands clench from where they are resting by his sides, his eyes flashing dangerously as James takes slow steps towards where I am standing. I can't help but get stiff as he makes his way so that he is directly behind me, his fingers brushing over my arms as goosebumps of apprehension form on my skin. I can't seem to move though. I can only look in Taehyung's direction as James's breath fans against the back of my neck, disgust bubbling up in my stomach.

"Why do you look so mad, Tae?" he questions, his arms reaching around me to wrap around to the front of my stomach. I glance over at their father and see him watching me carefully, my throat moving as I nervously swallow. A low growl can be heard coming from the back of Taehyung's throat, his teeth grinding together as he glares at the hands resting around me.

"Don't. Touch. Her."

"And why is that?" his voice sounds right beside my ear, causing me to grow even stiffer. My hands are balled into fists to prevent me from lashing out and hitting him in the face, the sensation of his lips brushing my ear causing my stomach to turn nauseatingly. I can't hit him though. I don't want Taehyung's father to hurt me, which he would probably do if I resist.

"What's wrong Taehyung? You don't want her, so that means I can have her.......right?"

His fingers lie flat on my stomach and my mouth parts as I pant, the room swimming in circles as I try and prevent myself from panicking. That proves to be hard to do when his lips brush against my cheek, my heart beating erratically in my chest.

I don't know why I'm feeling like this. It is somehow incredibly hard to stand still as he places a lingering kiss on my jaw, tears pricking in my eyes. I've never felt this scared in my life and I'm not sure why, this guy's touch making my body and mind panic in ways that it hasn't before. The necklace my dad left for me seems to get hotter where it is laying hidden beneath my shirt, it pulsing with energy as I struggle to breathe.

"James, that's enough."

The room goes completely still as we all turn our attention onto Yoongi. He is the only person who seems to be unconcerned by the situation, his feet propped up on the table in front of him. I'm honestly shocked when the hands that had been holding me against his chest vanish, my body shuddering as my knees buckle and Jungkook has to act fast in order to help me sit down before I fall.

"It's unfair to use your powers on someone like her" Yoongi continues with a bored sigh, probably referring to how I had grown petrified with fear the moment that James had touched me.

Jungkook holds my hand under the table as I try and push down the sob that threatens to leave my shaking lips, still shaken from what had just happened. The tears don't fall though, me all too aware of everyone's gaze on my pale face.

"You're right" James sighs as he walks over to where his father is standing, his eyes still looking me over as he goes. "But she handled it surprisingly well, don't you think?"

Jungkook's grip tightens as The Seven exchange worried glances before turning back to the father and son who are still talking to each other. It was an offhand comment but it still scares me, me not wanting my secret to be unveiled. What would Taehyung's father do if he found out? The guys had been adamant on him not knowing, which leads me to believe that something dreadful would come to be if he did end up finding out.

"Ladies, how about you go back to your rooms?" Jin suggest with a calm smile, all of us standing at once. I can tell that he isn't as calm as he would like for us to believe though, a muscle in his jaw twitching as he struggles to keep his persona up.

James opens his mouth as if to protest when he is cut off by his father holding up his hand, a small smile on his face as he motions for us to leave. A chill runs down my spine when he looks at me though, my pace quickening as I head towards the door with Chan right beside me. I can feel it on my back all the way to the door, my body only able to relax when it has been closed behind me.

He can't already know about me, can he?