Outbursts and realization

I went back to my room as soon as the first person had left the table.

I couldn't stand sitting there a moment longer, not when his hands had been all over me. My skin still crawls as I wash my body clean in my shower, the soap bubbling up before the water rinses it away. I wash my hair and then I am done, turning the water off as I step out and onto the bath mat right outside the glass doors. The robe that I put over my body is fluffy and soft, it being tied together loosely.

I stop as soon as I open the door that leads back into my room, my hand reaching up to hold onto the opening of the robe that exposed part of my chest. I release the breath that I was holding when it's not James standing in front of me, instantly calming down before my heart starts beating faster for an entirely different reason.

"Taehyung.......what are you doing here?"

He turns at the sound of my voice, his eyes moving up my body before going back down again. He opens his mouth as if to say something but no words come out, his gaze lingering on my form. I watch as his throat moves as he noticeably swallows, suddenly remembering just how little I am wearing at the moment.

His look changes though, his jaw clenching as he walks towards me with quick steps. I can't help but back up as he nears me, only stopping when I have reached the wall and can no longer move. His hands aren't as gentle as I would have hoped they would be as they move to the sides of my face, his lips meeting mine.

Unlike with James, I don't feel scared right now. I find myself enjoying his touch as his lips mold against mine and he tilts his head to the side to deepen the kiss, his body pressing mine against the wall. I shouldn't like this considering all that he has said and done to me in the past, but my body doesn't want to listen to reason. I kiss him back, dazed by the different emotions that are bombarding me.

It isn't until the pressure changes that I realize that something is off.

His kiss is almost angry in a way, his fingers digging into my sides as they trail down my body. I whimper in pain as he bites down on my lower lip a little bit too hard, the taste of blood filling my mouth when he pulls away.

"T-Tae, stop" I try and say between his kisses, only succeeding in making him angrier. His hands latch around my wrists as I try pushing him away from me, his grip tight against the bruises that his brother had already left. Tears fill my eyes as I suddenly grow stiff and frightened of what has come over him, trying to create distance. "You're hurting me."

He doesn't stop, and when I try pushing him away again he just shoves me harder against the wall, my eyes wide as he glares down at me. There is a fire in his eyes that I have seen before, it the look he gets when he sees someone else messing with me.

"So he can touch you, huh? He can leave marks all over your body, but I can't?"

"It's not-" his lips cut off my yell of protest, him stopping me from saying anything different. One of his hands lets go of my wrist to open the top part of the robe I am wearing, making me show more of my skin. His lips trail down the newly exposed skin and to my neck, his teeth nipping at it until it is red.

Under any other circumstance, I would like this. I had before, not able to get enough of his touch. Taehyung is acting differently this time though. He is too rough with me, pain replacing the pleasure that I had felt before. His jealousy is making him reckless and angry, and he's taking it out on my body.

The harshness in which he is handling me with makes me think back to when it was James in his spot. He hadn't cared about how much he hurt me at all, the fear that I had felt before surging inside of me until I can't take it anymore. I slide my back along the wall until I am on the ground, reaching up so that my hands are by my ears. I feel so weak and pathetic, my body shaking as I bring my knees up to my chest.

The room goes silent, Taehyung standing completely still in front of me. I look up at him and see him looking back down at me with a confused expression on his face. I can see the internal struggle he is going through as he tries to push his powers down and get himself under control, the envy and jealousy in his eyes fading until he is left with regret and concern.

He sits down next to me and I don't flinch. I don't even move away when he puts his arm around my shoulders. In fact, I lean into his touch, the warmth that surrounds me surprisingly comforting. His chin rests on top of my head as I place my ear against his heart, listening to his heartbeat as I calm down. I know he's not James. I know he didn't mean to let things get this far out of control, that the only reason why I'm not cowering in fear.

"I'm sorry......I.....I-I didn't......."

He doesn't seem to be able to continue his sentence, or know what to say for that matter, but I don't mind. I know what he is trying to say. He pulls away to look at me and I can feel my cheeks heating up at the intensity of his gaze, his eyes wondering around my face as he thinks.

"What did James do to you, (Y/N)?"

I shake my head slightly and he seems to get the hint, his jaw clenching as he squeezes his eyes shut. I can feel it as all of his muscles tense in anger before he relaxes again, softly taking my face in both of his hands.

"You don't have to tell me. I'll figure it out on my own."