Jealous

I don't look in their direction. I don't think I would be able to even if I wanted.

I can't help the steady rise of anger I am getting every time I hear her giggle at something that he said, the image of her sitting on his lap ingrained into my mind.

I hate this feeling even more than falling for him. I hate being out of control like this, the necklace on my chest heating up against the skin it is laying on as I steadily grow more and more annoyed at Jimin's step sister's presence.

Why am I acting like this? I don't want to fall for Taehyung, but by the way I'm acting right now I'm pretty sure not falling for him isn't an option. If I didn't like him I wouldn't be as jealous and ticked off as I am right now.

That brings another set of questions into my head. Why is she here? What happened to her after I confronted her the first time? We had thought that she had gone back home, but that is obviously not the case.

And how did she manage to manipulate Taehyung? I would like to think that he would never go after her, seeing as Jimin told me that Taehyung had once said that he hated his step sister. How did she manage to do this to him when he is known for not being susceptible to other people's Sins?

"Are you ok?"

My head flicks up and I turn to my left, Jungkook peering over at me with concern shining in his eyes. I smile as convincingly as I can before nodding, it an obvious lie because I can feel my foot beginning to tap in my state of aggravation. I just don't want him to worry about me anymore. He has already comforted me enough as it is.

"Don't worry Jungkook, I'm fine" I say before standing and putting my utensils down on my empty plate.

I glance over in their direction and roll my eyes when I see Jimin's sister run her fingers through Taehyung's hair, suddenly glad that I am finished eating my food.

The walk to my room is eerily quiet, the only sounds distinguishable being my footsteps. I stop when I get to the one painting that has always fascinated me, my eyes scanning its contents. It is beautiful, the colors melding together impeccably. There aren't any bright colors that pop out at you when you first glance at it, but the intricacy of the painting itself mixed with the brown, tan, and orangey hues are breathtaking.

It looks like a full blown war is happening on the canvas. There are obvious hints towards turmoil and salvation, the possibilities of what the war is about and why it occurred vast and endless. I can't help but wonder what the true meaning behind the painting is, completely entranced by the craftsmanship and thought that went into it.

"I thought I'd find you here" a voice says from behind me, making me jump as I am jolted out of the serene quiet I had previously immersed myself in.

Jimin comes to stand beside me, his hands behind his back as he turns to look at the masterpiece that we are standing in front of. He is adjacent to me now, it a natural instinct for me to lay my head on his shoulder as I continue to gaze ahead of me.

"Jimin?" I question softly, his head now resting on top of my own. "Have you ever been in love before?"

"You're in love with Taehyung!?!"

"What the fuck, Jimin? Shut your loud ass up before I castrate you, you hoe."

He grows silent but continues to look at me with wide eyes and both of his small hands covering his mouth. I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous he looks right now, shaking my head at his undeniable cuteness.

"I'm not in love with Taehyung" I say with a sigh. "I was just wondering what it felt like to be in love with someone."

"Oh" he lets out the air he was holding and smiles sheepishly at me, a pink tint of embarrassment covering his ears.

"You're asking the wrong wrong guy. My ChimChim has never been in love before."

"Yeah, no thanks to you" I say angrily, immediately on edge as Jimin's step sister steps out and into the hallway. I can already feel my fingertips begin to tingle as my powers stir within me, one of my arms pushing Jimin back so that he is slightly behind me.

"Has anyone ever told you that it isn't polite to eavesdrop?" Jimin questions mostly to himself, but loud enough for the demon in front of me to hear. She scoffs before pouting slightly, her strikingly beautiful face concealing her evil thoughts and intentions.

"I'm sorry ChimChim" she says chidingly, her soft voice raising unsettling goosebumps on my arms.

"What do you want?" I question, not wanting to be in her presence more than I have to. She turns her attention back to me and her pout falls away to be replaced by a sly smile, her arms crossing in front of her chest as she moves most of her weight to one leg.

"How'd you like the show earlier?" She asks softly, a maniacal glint in her cold, blue eyes. "You enjoy watching TaeTae and I get along so well?"

I can't help but scoff myself at her question, crossing my own arms as I roll my eyes.

"What makes you think I care? I'm not sure how you managed to manipulate Taehyung, but it won't be for much longer sweetie."

"Awe."

I stiffen as she takes a couple of slow steps closer to us, backing away from her with Jimin still slightly behind my back.

"It's cute how you try and hide the fact that you're so jealous."

She takes another step closer.

"That seeing us together didn't make you angry."

She goes to take another step when the sound of footsteps reach my ears. We all turn to watch as Taehyung rounds the corner, him seemingly surprised to see all of us there. That look is brief, it turning into a small smile when he sees Jimin's step sister.

"There you are, Sandra. I was wondering where you went off to."

A small part of me hates her as she skips towards him and wraps her slim arms around her waist. That small part hurts as they start to walk away from us, their hushed murmurs still reaching my ears and making me grit my teeth in frustration.

I am still watching them walk away when Taehyung turns back around, his eyebrows furrowed as he glances over his shoulder. His eyes meet mine and a look of confusion and hesitance crosses his face before they turn the corner and disappear from sight.