Uncertainty

Taehyung's words echo again and again in my head as I aimlessly walk around the vast house, my footsteps echoing in the empty corridors. I can't seem to to get the conversation out of my head, my confusion turning into concern after listening to what he had to say.

Flashback

"What is it?" I ask nervously, a little bit wary.

Taehyung turns to face me and I can immediately tell that he is having some sort of internal struggle right now. His face is holding so many different emotions right now, it a huge contrast to how he normally is.

He takes a shuddering breath before looking down to his feet, his usually stunning eyes dimmed down to a dull blue.

"I'm......I-I'm confused, (Y/N)."

I can't help but feel bad for him, not knowing what to do. I wish there was something that I could do to ease the apprehensive look on his face, it a natural reflex for me to reach out to him.

He stiffens when he feels the smooth tips of my fingers brush against his cheek, his eyes flashing up to meet mine. I almost debated on pulling away when he doesn't move, having an internal battle within myself before fully committing and placing my palm against his cheek as well.

I feel as if I can relax when he leans into my touch, his eyes fluttering closed as the muscles in his face smooth out.

"I don't know what to think" he mumbles softly, the broken tone of his voice making a part of me wilt. I hate seeing him like this, both of his hands reaching up to grasp onto the one of mine touching him. He holds onto my wrist as if he is afraid to let go, my thumb rubbing soothing circles on the expanse of skin beneath it.

"Think about what, Tae?" I prompt, wanting him to speak so I can see if I can at least fix a little bit of his vast expanse of problems.

"I just......"

I wait patiently as he pauses, his eyebrows crinkling in on themselves as he opens his eyes once more.

"My mind has been so muddled and confused lately that I don't know anymore. Every time I see you I get this weird feeling in my chest that I just can't explain."

Everything around me stops as he continues to look at me, my eyes trapped in his gaze.

"I honestly can't tell anymore, and it's driving me insane that I can't seem to distinguish what my feelings for you are. I just can't tell if I hate you, or I like you.......a lot."

Flashback end

I don't know what to feel right now. I can't seem to get his face out of my head, the way that his inner conflict has made him so unsure of his emotions. I have been wandering around by myself for the past hour now, occupied by my own thoughts and worries.

I don't know what it is with this place, but every time I seem to be thinking of a certain person they just happen to appear in front of me. I watch as Taehyung follows a cheerful Sandra around as she forcefully leads him with her hand tugging on his wrist, his other hand tucked away in his front pocket.

Something makes me stop walking forward, and I'm pretty sure it's the fact that I really don't want to have to deal with Jimin's step-sister right now. Not after talking with Tae just an hour before.

"You love me, don't you Tae Tae?" she asks in her sickeningly sweet voice, it causing a grimace to appear on my face as I watch them. Tae grunts and she sighs, abruptly stopping in her tracks to turn to face him.

"What is wrong with you? Is it that (Y/N) girl?"

The hallway goes silent as I try and listen to what is going on, wanting to know how Taehyung is going to respond. I hold my breath as he pauses before shrugging absentmindedly, his noncommittal answer causing Sandra to cross her arms with a huff.

"That's ok" she says as she takes slow steps in his direction, making me bristle with silent anger. I can't do anything but watch as she trails her hands up his chest before leaving a slow kiss on Tae's unmoving lips, his eyes blank as he looks down at her.

"I'll make you forget about her."

I can't watch anymore. It feels as if someone took a steel rod and shoved it through my chest, my hurt and anger blinding me as I turn around and march my way down the hall in the opposite direction. My jealousy fuels a fire within me that I haven't felt before, my mind turning in infuriating circles over what I just saw.

She has no right to touch him like that, especially not when he is in the state of mind that he is in; that she put him in. Does controlling someone until they are practically brain dead give her pleasure? He is literally walking around and doing whatever she says with no emotion at all, and she seems completely fine with it.

I grasp the doorknob to the room that I am in front of, realizing that I had walked here without even thinking about where I was going. I just needed to get away from there before I was driven completely insane, my mind subconsciously knowing exactly where I needed to go.

I don't even knock, which I know I probably should have, flinging the door open and meeting Jimin's wide eyes. He relaxes when he realizes that it is just me, his look of surprise transforming into confusion and concern when he sees how angry I look.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here? What's wrong?"

"I just need a distraction" I grumble as I walk towards him and grab the bottle that he was drinking out of and bring it up to my mouth. The alcohol that was in it burns my throat as the bitter taste invades my senses, but that doesn't stop me from chugging it down as if it was water. I can feel Jimin's eyes on me as I almost finish the whole bottle in one go, his bottom lip captured between his teeth in worry.

I just need to get the image of Sandra kissing Taehyung out of mind before it drives me absolutely crazy.