The ball pt. 1

"I'm just warning you now; I can not dance."  

I look off to the side with a huff as Jungkook laughs at me, not amused in the slightest by his reaction. When it comes to dancing I have two left feet, and I don't want to make a fool out of myself. 

"Don't worry" Jungkook says as he moves over so that he is sitting next to me on my bed. "Namjoon can't ball dance without tripping over something and breaking it, so you two can just sit the dances out." 

"Great. Quality time with Namjoon" I groan sarcastically under my breath, rolling my eyes when he nudges my shoulder. I am still only really comfortable around Jungkook, Yoongi coming in second, but by a long shot. I'm just glad that Jimin seems to be an amazing dancer, so I won't have to talk to him at all.

The ball actually seems fun to me, but there is one thing that I am a little wary about. When Jungkook came in to tell me about the dance a few days ago, he had mentioned something about Taehyung's dad coming. He is apparently very important in the Demon world, so he advised me to stay away from him so that I can keep my non-human identity a secret. What's the big deal about his father coming anyway? Why does Taehyung seem so stiff and nervous all of a sudden?

"Are you ready for me to come in?" someone asks from outside, causing me to jump a little in my spot. I quickly pick up the makeup brush that was abandoned and forgotten on my vanity, resuming the makeup that I was doing before. I put on dark red lipstick after I finish with my blush, keeping my eye makeup to a minimum seeing as the top half of my face is going to be covered by a mask anyway.

Jin opens the door before closing it right after, a silk garment bag in his hands. He nods in approval as he inspects what I did with my makeup before placing the bag in my hands, it surprisingly heavy.

"Go put this on. The other guests will be arriving in about an hour" he says while pulling me off of the bed and pushing my into the bathroom, my eyes wide as I am herded inside. I turn around with my mouth open to say something just for him to slam the door, my lips turning down in a pout.

Well fine then

Inside the bag is a beautiful red dress, it cinched in at the waist before flowing out after that. It stops a little bit above my knees in the front before it trails gracefully down in the back, it covering the backs of my ankles and flowing down to the floor even after I put the black heels that came with it on. The fabric is silky and smooth against my skin, the sweetheart neckline and tight bodice showing off my figure in a modest, yet elegant way.

I keep my short hair in the slightly messy bun that I had put it up in to do my makeup, making sure that the longer strands of my bangs don't cover up the earrings that were in the bag as well. They are red with what looks like white diamonds around the outside, them heavier in my ears than I thought they would be. The necklace that goes with it is red and white as well, different colors reflecting off of it when it hits the light.

The mask is what I was the most excited about. It is a silvery-grey, the cool tones of it going with the neutral tones of the dress. When I place it on my face, it sits almost perfectly in place, the thin, silver straps wrapping around to the back where I fasten it. The design is a masterpiece of twisted magnificence, the light-weight metal gleaming almost majestically in the light. With it on, I seem almost mythical, like a scene out of a storybook.

I step out of my bathroom with hesitant steps, peeking out and into my bedroom

I step out of my bathroom with hesitant steps, peeking out and into my bedroom. Both Jungkook and Jin seem to have changed while they were waiting for me to get ready, tuxes and masks on their faces as well. They both seem almost too good to be true as they stand in front of me, their ethical beauty momentarily stunning me.

"Wow" Jungkook says as soon as he sees me, his eyes widening comically. Jin doesn't say anything as he snaps the compact mirror that he always seems to carry with him closed, looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"You actually look decent for once" he says with a side smirk, his eyes taking in what I am wearing. "I didn't think the dress would look good, but it looks like Jimin has a good sense in style when it comes to you."

"J-Jimin picked this out?" I ask quietly, looking down at the beautiful dress that my body is now adorned in. I frown when Jin nods his head yes, my fingers trembling slightly as I pick up the hem to inspect it.

"I don't want to wear this anymore."

Jungkook's exclamation of shock and protest is cut off by Jin placing his hand over the younger boy's mouth, his eyes still on me. He tilts his head to the side as he studies me with a calculated look on his face, the intensity of it causing me to glance around the room instead of meet his gaze.

"You really don't like him, do you?" he asks lowly, his voice soft. For once, he seems to actually care about what I have to say, his eyes only on me as I look up at him. His eyes hold nothing but pity as I shake my head slowly, his eyebrows furrowing in the middle. He actually seems to care for once. He's not criticizing me or commenting on how I look, his attention solely on me and how I feel.

"Just hold on for tonight, Ok?" he asks as he walks back over to the door, pulling Jungkook with him. "You look lovely, and it would be a shame if we had to search for another dress for you when this one suits you so well."