The ball pt. 2

I grip tighter onto Jungkook's arm as he walks us down the hall and towards the dining room, my hands beginning to shake as I become more nervous.

I was actually supposed to be escorted by Taehyung, seeing as he was the one that chose me, but they switched me to Jungkook at the last second. They said that they didn't want Taehyung's dad to pay too much attention to me, so Jungkook volunteered to escort me instead. He was also really hesitant to have me go with Taehyung in the first place, and I think its because of what happened between us a few days ago.

Taehyung and I haven't spoken at all since the night we slept together, and I can't help but feel hurt about that fact. I want to talk to him. I want to ask him how he felt about what we did together. I definitely felt something, even if I'm not exactly sure what that was, and I want to know if he felt it too. If he didn't, it will hurt, but at least I'll know. For some reason this is killing me inside, the feeling of turmoil I am experiencing not something I am used to.

I shouldn't be feeling this way at all, and thats why I need to know if he feels the same. I should hate him for all of the things that he has done to me physically and mentally, yet something is stopping me from doing so. Every time I see his face I should be filled with hatred, but I'm not. I feel this weird fluttering in my stomach, my heart speeding up until it feels as if it is about to burst out of my chest.

"(Y/N), are you ok?"

"Huh?" I ask stupidly, looking up at Jungkook in shock. I had been so focused on my thoughts that I didn't realize that we had stopped walking, everyone standing outside of the closed doors. Jungkook frowns at me before using his free hand to rub my arm comfortingly, him obviously picking up on my mood.

"Its ok, don't be nervous. I'll stay with you until the dances, and then Namjoon will stay with you until I finish. We will make sure we all get through this so that we can go back to helping you figure out what you are, ok?"

I can feel it as my eyes begin to water slightly, blinking them in order to keep my tears at bay. I have been incredibly emotional lately, and I know that it is due to all of the stress I am feeling. I am living in a house full of Demons who wanted to kill me at one point, and now I am best friends with one of them. I have no idea what sort of monster I could be, and all of the stress of not knowing is making it hard to sleep at night. I'm just glad that at least one person here seems to believe me when I say that I have no clue as to what I am, that giving me comfort in a way.

He smiles when I nod before turning towards the doors that were just opened, walking behind everyone as we head into the dining area. It has been magnificently done up for this occasion, the lights slightly dimmed to set the mood. One long table is draped in a silver table cloth by the far wall, food and drinks on top of it. The rest of the room has been cleared off completely for the dance floor, beautifully dressed people already talking and dancing on it.

I know that all of them are demons from the way that they are holding themselves, their smiles wide as they look at The Seven as they enter. If they were human I would have been able to see the discomfort they were feeling about being so close to the supernatural creatures in this room. Every single person in here is wearing a mask, their dresses and suits designed impeccably.

There is one man already sitting down in a chair on a slightly-raised platform, his back straight as he gazes down at us. I can feel the intensity of his gaze as his eyes scan over my form before he moves on the the next girl, it feeling as if a weight was lifted off of my shoulders when I am no longer under his scrutiny. His suit is entirely black, it matching his hair as well as his mask.

"That's Taehyung's dad" Jungkook whispers in my ear as we walk over to the corner of the room where all of the food is at. I could have guessed that one on my own, my eyes following Taehyung as he walks up to his father before bowing respectfully in front of him. Something is definitely off though. I can tell by the way his face is completely void of any emotion, his mouth in a thin line as his dad talks to him about something. I have a feeling that Taehyung doesn't like his dad very much, his body language expressing that.

"Come on (Y/N). Look at all these pastries we get to try!" Jungkook yells excitedly before reaching over to a tray and stuffing one of the goodies into his mouth. I can't help but chuckle as his cheeks puff out cutely, Taehyung slipping to the back of my mind. I should have fun while I can because after this night is over, I might not get to have any for a while.