Unanswered questions

A/N: I know that I'm going to be mixing mythologies here, but I really don't give a fuck lol. Fantasy is fantasy in my opinion, and its fascinating either way, so enjoy babz 

"Why are you just standing there? Have a seat." 

My feet move almost silently as I cautiously move further into the living room. I'm not sure why, but I just can't help but feel alienated in my own home. I haven't been here in what feels like forever, me not knowing how to take everything in. Its like this house that I grew up in isn't my home anymore, my mom and I also tense and awkward around each other.

I sit down on the soft cushions of the couch that I have always seen, yet never really realized how much I would miss once I got taken away from here. Everything is so surreal, my eyes looking around at all of the pictures and artwork that has been hung up throughout the years.

I can clearly see the picture that my dad took of my mom and I when I was young, her arm wrapped around my small shoulders as I had laughed at the face he was pulling behind the camera. It was taken on my fifth birthday, the doll that both my mom and my dad given to me in my tiny hands. It was only two years after they had gotten married, yet I looked up to my mom as if she was the one who had really given birth to me.

"I know that you're confused" my mom starts off with, her hands clasped in front of her while she stares at the table separating the two of us. "Your dad didn't think that your powers would manifest, but it looks like he was wrong."

"W-what do you mean?" I ask quietly, leaning forward slightly as I do so. I can imagine Jungkook as he stands outside leaning forward as well, his ear pressed against the door. He never told me why they made the rule saying that none of the Seven are aloud into the houses of the people participating in the Choosing, him having to stay outside as he waits for me.

She sighs, looking over at a photograph that she took of my dad. Her eyes seem to shine with emotion as she gazes at it, pain clearly displayed in her eyes. The small smile that is on her face when she looks back over at me almost makes me cry, so much hurt and heartbreak in it.

"You're father was a decedent of the Deadly Sin, Wrath."

My eyes widen in confusion, shock clearly displayed on my face. But Jungkook is a descendant of Wrath. Does this mean we are siblings?

"Before you say anything, he wasn't a descendent when I met him" she continues on, making me frown. I don't understand any of this, my thoughts all jumbled together in confusion. 

"Your father was extremely powerful, one of the most powerful Deadly Sins since the original. His own father was part giant after all, that giving him more strength than any normal Demon. He was in line to become the leader of all of them, that is, until he met your mother.

She had charmed him as soon as he had seen her, him immediately taken by her beauty. He said that she was Dryad, her catching his attention when he went riding in the forest surrounding his house one day. They kept meeting secretly and fell in love."

She looks almost broken as she speaks, her eyes no longer meeting mine. I reach forward and grab onto her hand to sooth her and she looks up at my touch, smiling softly at me.

"He told the other Sins and they wouldn't allow the two of them to get married. He said that it had something to do with the traditions, decedents of Deadly Sins only allowed to pass the genes onto humans or other Demons. He was given the choice to either leave her, or give up his position and powers in order to be with her."

"Your mother didn't die giving birth to you, love" she say softly, her fingers brushing over the top of my hand. "She didn't want your father to have to give up his birthright and heritage, so she ran away after you were brought out and into this world. She wanted you to have a good life, a life filled with magic and enchantment. She didn't want to be the reason why your father had to give up his world for hers."

"Thats where she was wrong though" she chokes out, standing up when she is no longer able to sit still. "She meant the world to your father. He never stopped loving her, even after he gave up his powers and married me. He looked all over for her until the day he died, not wanting to give her up. I sat by and watched you grow up, knowing that he would never love either of us as much as he had loved her."

"Mom......"

I don't know what to say. All this news about who I am-what I am- has been crazy. I had thought that I was normal. I thought that my mom and dad loved each other with all their hearts. I didn't know that I was wrong. I didn't know that my mom had to keep a smile on her face while the man that she fell in love with was off chasing after another woman on his "business trips". 

And what does this make me? She had said that he had given away his powers in order to be with the woman who gave birth to me, but he was still part giant. And she was a Dryad, who apparently had powers as well. What does that mean? How does that have anything to do with the powers that I seem to possess? 

"I know that you will do great things though" she says as she composes herself, smiling so that I don't see how torn up she still is about all this. "Your father left something for you before he passed. He told me that he hoped that you would never find out about any of this but if by some chance you did, to give this to you."

I watch her quietly as she walks over to my father's old safe, kneeling down in front of it and blocking the front from my prying eyes. I just sit there and watch with bated breath as she takes something out and turns back around to face me, her hands wrapped around a small parcel. 

The paper is harsh to my touch when she hands it to me, the smooth outside nothing like how it feels. It is unlike any paper I have ever felt before, it old and slightly ripped. My hands seem to shake as I slowly open it to see whats inside, the tips of my fingers stopping when they feel the cold bite of metal against them.

"He said that it would help you control your powers" she says as I look at the magnificent piece of jewelry inside.

I slowly pull out the necklace inside, marveling at how beautiful it is. The green gem stone is dark in color, the cool tones of it matching the silver chain that it is attached to. I slip it on over my neck and can immediately feel the difference, my whole body relaxing. It is as if I was tense and afraid this whole entire time, putting the necklace on helping me relive my stress. I can feel a sort of tingling that is coming from inside of me, it calming and sort of reassuring in a way.

We don't talk for much longer. Tears and hugs are exchanged as she walks me out to the front doorstep, me suddenly not wanting to let go of the fragile woman standing in front of me. I do though, grudgingly walking over to Jungkook as he stands waiting for me at the end of the pathway. I can't help but look over my shoulder as we leave, my house and my mom getting further and further away.

Now that I know what I am, how am I going to explain it to the rest of the Seven? How am I supposed to explain everything when I'm not even that sure about it myself? She explained a few things but not everything is crystal clear, me still confused and left with a ton of questions that she didn't have the answers for.

What's going to happen now?