Explaining (for real)

My body is still shaking. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get my limbs to cooperate. I guess the shock of everything is still getting to me, my eyes wide as I think about all that has happened.

All of my thoughts scatter when the door bursts open, my body automatically scooting closer to Taehyung's as noise fills the once-silent room. His arms tighten around me as we both look over at the door, him switching positions so that I am now partially behind him.

"What the fuck happened?" Namjoon yells as he looks around at the carnage around us, his eyes wide as he takes in all of the blood and the dead bodies.

"Calm down" Jin scolds maturely, moving towards us. I know that they are no threat to me so I relax, letting out the breath that I had been holding since the door opened. Taehyung doesn't though. His arms are still tightly wrapped around me, as if he is afraid that something might happened to me again.

"I understand that they were horrible to you Tae" Jimin says softly, his eyes flickering between James and his father lying lifeless on the ground. "But why did you do it? Why did you kill them."

"They fucking deserved it."

Jimin backs up with his hands raised at Taehyung's tone, his eyes wide at the ferocity he had been spoken to with. His eyes do flicker down to my form, them showing concern as he restrains himself from going over to me and asking if I am ok. That's probably smart on his part because I'm not sure what Tae would do if someone tried to take me from him right now.

"(Y/N).....is everything alright?"

My head snaps up in shock, my eyes moving around the familiar faces before stopping at Hoseok. I've found him to be nice, but we never really talk, his obvious concern for me rather shocking. I nod my head nonetheless, watching him as he tilts his head in disbelief.

"Come with me."

"No" Taehyung all but growls, his holds on me tightening. I look at the side of his face as he glares at Hoseok with his jaw clenched, daring him with his eyes to disagree.

"Taehyung" I whisper softly, a little appalled to say the least. I would understand if it was someone else who he was trying to protect me against, but it is one of his friends. It's one of the people who he should be calm and at ease with.

He finally turns to look at me and his hardened gaze softens, concern shining in his beautiful eyes as they flicker around my face. I softly place my hand against his cheek as I smile at him, caressing it with my thumb as I do so.

"I'll be fine."

I can tell that he doesn't want to, but he nods, his hold on me loosening until it is gone altogether. I try and ignore the unease that arises as soon as his arms aren't around me, a sense of emptiness making my stomach turn. I get up with his help and he watches me as I leave the room with Hoseok leading the way, him not looking away until there is a wall that is blacking his view.

The hallway seems unusually lit up as we walk in silence, the only sound that can be heard being our footsteps. The paintings aren't as ominous as they used to be, it as if I'm looking at them in a new light. Before, they were pretty but I couldn't get over the way they filled me with a sense of dread. I can now see how tragically beautiful they really are, the meanings behind them numerous.

"What happened?"

His voice startles me, his eyes on my form as we stop. He leans leisurely against the wall as I try and steady my breathing, getting ready to retell all that has happened in the past week.

He is very patient and calm, telling me that it's alright when I have to stop a couple of times. I can tell that he understands. He understands how hard it is for me to tell someone about what happened to me with Taehyung's brother. The pain and disgust from before resurfaces as I shiver, my arms wrapped around my body as if to protect myself from the memories.

"You are very strong you know" he says quietly after I have stopped talking, his eyes soft as he looks me over. "Anyone else wouldn't have been able to do what you did."

"Hoseok....."

I pause, not sure how to say what's on my mind. It is way off topic, but it has also been something that I have been wondering for a while now.

"Why are you so different from the others?"

He doesn't say anything for a while, and it makes me afraid that I've angered him. He smiles though, putting my mind at ease as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"I wasn't born into my powers like the others were. I was taken in by the Deadly Sin, Greed, when I was five because of my family dying, so I'm not as powerful as the rest."

"That also means that I am not controlled by my Sin" he continues on with, making me realize that what he is saying is true. Never once have I seen him give in to his sin, or use his powers on someone else.

He has always just stuck to the back, not really voicing his opinions or participating in their group conversations. He must feel like an outcast surrounded by the others, it clear to him that he will always be different.

"I want you to listen to me (Y/N)" he says as he walks towards me, his hands coming down to rest on my shoulders.

"Don't doubt yourself. You have the potential to be amazing, the extent of your powers something that the guys and I have never seen before."

He smiles, "just know that we will be there for you whenever you need help. Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin all seem to care for you deeply, and to be honest you have started to grow on the others as well."

I nod and he pulls me in to a short hug, his arms wrapping around me before he pulls away to pat the top of my head.

"I know what it feels like to not belong to a specific group (Y/N). If you ever need someone to talk to, you know where to find me."