Torture pt3

A steady dripping sound can be heard as I sit on the cold floor, my pants getting soaked in blood the longer I continue to stay. I can't move though. It is as if my body isn't working the way that I want it to. All I can do is sit there and stare at my mother's dead body, my eyes wide as take in her unmoving corps.

What did I do? I look down at my hands, taking in the sharpened tips of my nails and the blood that is slowly drying on them. I can't remember doing it, but something is telling me that I was the one that killed her. It is a feeling in the pit of my stomach, it making me feel sick. All the evidence is there too. The blood on my hands and in my hair, the remains of my mom's shirt still caught on one of my nails.

What I don't know is why I did it. Why did I kill my own mother? She has always been there for me. She was always there to keep me safe when I felt as if the world was closing in on me. She had been the warmth that I had felt when the world around me had been freezing cold. She had always been there to comfort me when I felt as if I couldn't go on anymore. And now she's gone.

I can't help the strangled sob that comes out of my mouth as the tears come once again, them streaming down my cheeks. I can't breathe because of huge lump in my throat, it straining painfully against me. I can't even stand to look at myself anymore, rubbing at my skin to try and get the blood off of me. I am almost to the point of being mentally unstable, scrubbing at my bloodstained skin until it is red and raw. I scrub harder at my face, it as if I'm punishing myself for what I did to the woman who gave everything to me.

"E-eomma. I'm s-sorry" I sob hysterically, me unable to see because of my tears. A sudden sound to my right makes me stop, my breath catching in my throat so fast that it hurts. I watch as three men walk into the kitchen, their faces covered by face masks and hoodies. Nothing about them is familiar to me, which is strange seeing as I had known everyone that had lived in town with us. I shrink into myself when one of them looks over in my direction. They don't make any indication that they see me though, their eyes sweeping right over me before they turn back to the other two.

"There seems to be no one else over here" he says, his gruff voice echoing in the kitchen. The other two nod before they walk over to where my mom is sitting, one of them reaching out to touch her face.

"Don't fucking touch her!" I yell territorially, grinding my teeth together. It is as if no one can hear me at all, them doing what they were doing before without even flinching at all. They walk around the room before coming back together by the kitchen door, them standing in a circle as they talk.

"There is nothing more that we can do here, so we might as well burn the place down" one says while turning to the others. My eyes are wide as I shake my head, not wanting to believe what they just said. I watch in shock as one of them lights a match before dropping it right on top of my mom's body, the fire spreading almost immediately. My screams echo throughout the whole room as they leave, my eyes wide in terror as I watch her disappear beneath the flickering flames.

I try and get up, but I can't. My body absolutely refuses to move as I sit there and watch the fire eat away at my mother's body until there is nothing left but bones and charred flesh. The rotting smell makes me gag, the scent enough to burn my eyes and clog my throat. I cough and wheeze as the smoke fills the air, my lungs unable to breathe in the air. Smoke fills my vision as it grows hotter and hotter in the room, sweat dripping down my face and back.

The flames get closer and closer to where I am sitting, the heat of them making my skin blister even before it has come into contact with me. I am a shaking and screaming mess, but all I can do is sit there and watch the fire as it gets closer to me. I can feel it when the flames get to where I am, them licking at my feet and making them crack and dry out. The pain is unbearable, my feet burning as the flames climb up to my legs.

It is almost as painful as when Jungkook showed me his "toy", my skin burning while I can do nothing but sit there and endure it. It gets to my upper body and I feel as if my body is going into shock. I can't control the way that it trembles and shakes, my muscles spasming as they become practically useless. They climb up to my face and everything goes numb. I can not see or hear anything, my whole body numb to any feeling at all. It is as if I am not even there, my whole body enveloped in darkness. Is this what death feels like?

Suddenly, everything seems to be coming into focus again. I can see the back of my eyelids, but nothing else. I can hear whispers above me, my fingers twitching slightly as I test everything out. I seem to be resting on a bed of some sort, my limbs tied down at my wrists and ankles. I gasp as I finally take a breath, my eyes flashing open as I finally come to.

It takes a while for my eyes to adjust to the light, but when they do I can make out The Seven as they stand above me. They are all looking at me with curious looks on their faces, them leaning over me as I stare up at them. My eyes lock with Taehyung's, and I swear that I see a look of guilt and apology cross his face before it goes back to the blank look he usually has.

Was all of that a dream?