Chapter Seven

Bakugou rose back to his feet, though wobbly. His clothing was a mess, and neither look too good in shape. It was clear they were harmed, but it was nothing too serious. This didn't settle well with the explosive boy, he seemed to growl more and more. This guy was staring to piss him off. The fact he didn't have his weapons already pissed him off, not creating big enough explosions himself also pissed him off, and then there was this guy. But what pissed him off the most?

"How the FUCK am I getting hit with explosions?!"

These were practically his specialty. And this guy made it complete bullshit. Shouto didn't respond, as his mouth had been covered by his ice to form some sloppy excuse of a mask. There was so much smoke in the air, it would completely fill his lungs and he'd surely choke out. Bakugou didn't at all seem affected, something because of his ability or sheer willpower?

They weren't supposed to engage, but had they not, it would've been way worse. At least now, the explosions only happened in response to their movements. It was still bad, as they haven't found a way to shut this guy down.

"Hey, dipshit! Make some of your stupid fire tricks, right now!"

Shouto's gaze never left his surroundings, nor did he argue. The demand was answered immediately with a scorching hot fire aimed at the hothead, who glared dangerously in response. However, it didn't seem to do as Bakugou wanted, as it was aimed to hit his upper half directly. His eyes widened, as a curse littered out before being rendered on the ground, unmoving, and probably scathed. For the time being, he relaxed his stance, noticing the shaking of the ground ceased. Luckily there was still ground. This entire area was leveled.

"Hm.. Ending off your comrade just like so? Expected from the son of the Endeavor."

The voice of the mysterious male sounded out, and Shouto tensed. If he could draw him out, then.. Shouto didn't respond, releasing a puff of his fire from his hands. The voice made a dark chuckle, and Shouto glared. Readjusting the way the ice covered his mouth, he spoke coldly.

"At least die without hiding like a coward."

"You really want me to show myself? I know what you are doing, but, I'll humor you."

The male came from behind Shouto, who only turned his head towards the direction. He looked to be that of an older gentleman, noted by the grays in-between his brown hairs. He had a scruffy beard, and his eyes held dark rings that made him look anything but sane, and those bloodshot eyes didn't help either. He wore a formal suit, and his hands rested before him. Shouto knew exactly who this man was.

"You're.. the Scrounge.."

"I'm not playing tricks here, kid. That boy is getting back up, isn't he? Trying to sneak attack?"

He tensed, meeting a bloodshot glare. But Bakugou didn't move, and his chest stopped moving as well. Shouto felt his stomach drop. He didn't actually-

"DETROIT SMAASH!!"

An loud crushing noise was made then, smoke covering the area were the man once stood. There now was a boy with green highlighted hair, fist lodged into the ground. There wasn't a body however, to which he stood back up and frowned. Shouto immediately looked in front of him, seeing the man stand there. If looks could kill..

"Oh... It's you again. Honestly, I thought my puppets would rid you."

Shouto didn't question it, but Midoriya just grunted.

"Did you truly believe you could surprise m-"

Suddenly, the old man was shot forward by a bumbling explosion, leaving deep scorch marks within his back. He fell on the ground, struggling, before turning behind him. Shouto smirked, whereas Midoriya grinned.