Chapter Fifteen

"I will return to you your son, Ms. Midoriya."

His tone was comforting, and the woman's frail hurt clung to the hope he gave with his words. Sniffling, she'd wipe at her tears before nodding. She had believed him. This made the hero smile outwardly.

Whereas inwardly..

All Might has never been more worried before in his life.

Of course, there was the time when Bakugou Katsuki was kidnapped by the league of villains. That, too had him worried for the safety of his student.

His Successor was nothing less.

The large man stood to his feet, preparing to leave. Mainly to get started right away. But where would he start? He hadn't the slightest clue..

"U-um... All Might?'

The voice of the heartbroken mother called him, which had the hero turn her way immediately. She was on her feet, slowly walking her way towards him. In her hands was a familiar green colored backpack, which was singed at parts which shown sights of flame. This backpack was..

"I already contacted the police yesterday. When they questioned me, I guess I forgot about giving them this... But something told me not to."

Her hands were held out in an offering. She wanted to give him this. In hope of finding her son. When the hero didn't budge, she pressed on.

"When I went looking for him, I found this laying beaten up in an alley. There was also smoke and fire.."

His blue eyes examined the bag. 

(This bag... This backpack is the last thing she has of her son. This is her hope.)

So he took it.

He took her hope and held it delicately within his grasp.

"Would you mind.."

"Yes?"

He spoke, as the woman's hand held at her heart. He couldn't tell if she was smiling or not, but he didn't at all question it.

"Telling me where this alley is exactly?"

It might currently be in use of a crime scene at this very moment, but he had to see if this was correct. If it were true.

•••••••••••••••••••

(Just as assumed..)

There was no evidence here whatsoever.

The hero was crouched, looking for any signs for anything; a struggle, messages, hints.

Nothing.

The only thing from this crime scene was the backpack he held in his hand. Dragging his feet, he stood back up to full height. His eyes trailed over to the next building, seeing the parts of the rooftop that crumbled in. 

There was an explosion and fire.

A strange feeling hit his stomach. It was a good thing nobody was on that floor. Still, they had been trailing the boy near his home. Meaning, the boy's mother could be in trouble. But according to the mother in question, Midioriya never never reached the home. He stopped a few meters away, before turning around.

(There's a possibility they never saw the specific house.)

It was relieving, but only for a moment.