Chapter Nine

The man struggled to release his body from the rubble that continuously weighed him down. Particles and dust flickered everywhere around him, and the fist fell to his mouth to cover his coughs. 

It hurt.

His body stung him, and pained his chest area. The barrage wasn't strong enough to shatter bones, but it did manage to reduce something he hadn't seen in a while. Blood. Red liquid that never left his body back within his younger days.

A glare was fixated on the intimidating figure just before him. Walking, slowly, like a predator towards prey. The bulky figure stopped about two meters away, whereas the man scrambled to his feet. If he took the time to look around him, the whole place was a mess. Buildings were tumbling, the ground was giving out below their feet- not to the point where they'd collapse within, of course.

Wiping at his chin, the man's gaze intensified, where as the figure casually cracked their knuckles.

"Ah.. Atom, it hurts my big heart to do this to a good friend like you."

With a battle cry, the man lunged towards the hero, only to be smacked away with the back of a giant fist. He was sent tumbling towards a building, barely managing to regain his footing at the last second.

"See, I knew you had issues. If I wasn't the honest man I am, I wouldn't have told you that you were quite a jerk in our younger years."

The man raised his hand, and the bulky figures skin began to bubble. But instead of it tumbling and reducing to liquid, the figure's skin began to release heat, long steams entering the atmosphere. The man's eyes widened. It...couldn't be, could it?

"But to go off and endanger the lives of children..."

In an instant, the figure was behind him, gripping tightly on the man's hand. With a single flick of his wrist, the man's body was jerked back, causing a grunt to release. Though his heart was beating rapidly, his brain racked through his memories to attempt to understand what just happened.

(Impossible.. The only one ever able to tank my attacks was..)

With little to no effort, the man was hanging by his hand that remained in the figure's grasp. His eyes widened as they focused on the tanned face before him, when raised to eye level. Blonde hair... Terrifying smile..

"All... Might..?"

A booming laugh shook his body, as the hero focused his sights upon the form before him. Craning his neck, All Might's face grew closer, and he spoke in a mere whisper, his tone sending shivers through one's spine.

"Honestly... A jerk like you deserves to be punched in the face a couple hundred times.."

•••••••••••••••••••

"Shouto!"

"Right!"

Immediately had a wall of ice frame the vision of the woman, right before she attacked. Growls of frustration could be heard, just as Aizawa arrived from behind with a devastating boot towards her back. It sent her tumbling forward, falling to the ground, just as Aizawa regained footing. It was like a routine, they noted, but each time she was getting faster... If she looked at them only once then..

"Midoriya!"

The screech of his teacher caught his attention, as his sights instantly stood upon him alone. He didn't have to respond to know that he was listening.