Chapter Twenty One

The vent seemed to be a very long fall. And that added on to the awkwardness for the two teens. If she tried to move back, the support for his body would be gone and he'd fall..forward. If she wiggled more he'd...feel things.

(Name) decided they both had to suck it up and stay put.

But the vent was very very long. When was the bottom?

Thankfully, Midoriya made proper conversation and asked of the plan she had. It probably was a bad idea to speak about this in the vent, so she decided to tell them when they landed. And thankfully, thanks to the wicked smell below, they were reaching their stop.

••••••

Everyone waited tensely in the van.

They had been there for what felt like an hour, the amount of time since the girl's disappearance.

The heroes sat in the back, adjusting their gear along with gripping their fists. Some cleared their mind, took deep breaths. Others had the plan clear in their mind and held concentration. And some was inpatient, desperate, and waiting deeply for the signal to move. It was worrying, she was supposed to get there and turn on the device. What was stopping her? Of course, many assumed the worst. 

What if she had been found out? What then? They'd have two missing children on their hands, and perhaps a bigger problem if taking into account of what the Scrounge would actually do with her. If he didn't slit her throat already.

Aizawa took a deep breath, leaning back and resting his eyes. He needed to keep a clear head. He was the level-headed one; the one needed for a mission as tense as this one. He needed to keep the others in order. Normally, it was a breeze. It wasn't his first time dealing with the agitated heroes. However, he himself...felt agitated.

It wasn't a new feeling. However, it had been awhile since he felt this personal feeling. This mission was different for him, and he was probably the most tense of them all. That girl. She was his legal responsibility. He practically had to raise her. She was almost like a-

"Sleeping on the job?"

The man ran a single hand through his hair, inwardly sighing at the voice of All Might. Peering up at him with tired eyes, the male glared at him. 

No response. The blonde hero huffed, leaning against the wall of the van. He wasn't in his form at the moment, yet it was so dark in the van it was hard to tell regardless. The look alone didn't seem to answer the hero, so Aizawa spoke swiftly, wishing to cut conversation completely.

"Focus."

"We all are. We're just waiting."

He didn't need to say much else, going back to leaning against the van. Meta and Atom were in complete silence, and Aizawa briefly considered them. They were feeling emotions for sure. And he couldn't help but feel that they should

The silence continued. It was almost suffocating. His minds began to assume the worst. 

What if they found out about the device?

He rubbed his hands together.

What if they were hurting her?

He began to crack his knuckles.

What if she was being tortured?

He brought his hands to his mouth, a dark look shadowing his face. Had anyone seen his face, they would worry for him. He was too emotional about this mission. He could be taken out, sat on the bench. He couldn't let that happen. Especially if the last worst case scenario appeared.

What if she was....dead?

"We got a reading."

Everyone was facing the purple-haired woman in an instant. Her hands typed away at a computer, and the heroes eagerly requested for the coordinates. The woman bit her lip, eyeing the screen. It had to process. Calculate. It was still searching. If the signal got cut off now, it would be all over.

...

"She's at the abandoned meat factory. It's on the-"

No sooner had the words escaped had they all disappeared. A sudden wind would take up, and the woman would shield her eyes. All that was left was the woman named Zooah, the man known as Cuu, and the heroic duo Meta-Atom.

It was up to them to save her as fast as possible.

••••••

"Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god-"

The trash, wasted food of multiple meats that were raw or rotten was everywhere. There was gnats, maggots, the smell, and oh she felt something wiggling on her leg.

The fall down was as expected, completely disgusting. Food was surely in her hair, and her clothing was littered with juices and mush. She had to free her face from the meat, but she definitely needed two showers to rinse all of this off.

"(Name)-san, p-please calm down."

The muffled voice of Midoriya was somewhere on her right, and (Name) still hurried wiped off the meat. It wasn't something she should be worried about right now, she knows this, but these were rotten and moldy. She needed a break.

"(N-name)-san..."

"What is it Midoriy-"

Moving chunks of meet from her face, she glanced over at the male and gasp. Rushing over (or trying, she was waist deep in this mush) towards him, she hurriedly went to left him up. He got a face full of that. Wiping at it quickly, the boy spat out some waste that managed to get past his lips. However, despite visibly being disgusted, he seemed to be fine otherwise. 

"Midoriya, I'm-"

"(Name)-san."

He had that serious look again, and attempted to use his arms. Coughing, the teen spoke with the strongest voice he could muster in this situation.

"We need to move. This is still a mission, and with Scrounge after us, others will be looking for us as well."

A nod was given, and she removed her helpful hands.

"Y-yeah... First, we need to find of a way out of here."

A nod was given, and the two went off to look for an exit. The vent from before would be off the market, plus, there was no way to reach it. Less than three minutes later, the two was met with a troublesome fate. There was no way out. There was a door, but it was jammed; hadn't been open in decades. Impossible to do with her tools and hands, and Midoriya himself is too weak still.

Essentially, they were screwed. And this only amplified when the bin or whatever they were in started to activate.

Panic seeped through the two, and (Name) was quick to gather Midoriya near. Judging by the way the meat moved in a way of a tornado down the middle, it seemed that there was fan blades beneath them. To chop the meat, and quite literally, them along with it.

"W-well..."

Midoriya began.

"...Dude, we're in so much deep shit."

(Name) finished for him. Quite literally, and figuratively, might she add.