Chapter Twenty

It's longer as an apology for waiting so long! Toodles!

There was lots of shuffling about and quite a bit of walking. The closer she got to the man, the more uncomfortable she felt. What would happen once she got there? She was only to imagine.

"Ahem."

The one guiding her suddenly stopped, almost making her ram into him. He cleared his throat, as (Name) stood still. This was the stop, wasn't it?

"We've made it here.. However, if there's any particular business you need to take care of, please tell me now."

This is just like how they start before boss fights happen in video games. She wasn't dumb enough to not understand what he meant. But she shook her head in denial. She had no fancy items those protagonist have. All she had was her backpack and a determined mind. At least, she thought so.

"I'm ready."

The man reached up to remove the blindfolds, before shoving her into a new room. Her eyes readjusted while she glanced around the room. Behind a desk was a big chair, though it was empty. He was not here yet, so she supposed she could fully look around. It was tidy, cozy even, but that coziness died when she spotted something along the ground. It was..

"Midoriya's mask?!"

The mask that was attached to the hood of the boy's costume. Lied there on the ground, right before the desk. Torn and scratched. No longer attached to the boy himself. Without hesitation she ran over, picking up the mask, and placed it in her jacket pocket. Midoriya was here for sure.

"You've come."

That voice. (Name) froze on spot.

Her body remained rigid, as her eyes trailed over towards him. He crossed his legs, and never removed his eyes from her. Where did he-? He must've arrived through a brown door behind his chair. And she had a feeling... She had a feeling she needed to get there. But right now, fear held her in place.

"Do you know why you're here?"

No response. (Name) glared her eyes.

He had a look of indifference, and he spoke again. However, his tone felt different. It made her stomach uneasy. He began to sit up, which alarmed her rather quickly.

"Do you..know why you're here?"

"B-because I was kidnapped?"

The first thing that came out of her mouth. Met with the man slamming his hands into the table, causing her to inwardly flinch.

"Incorrect!"

His head was look downward, as he started to gather his breath. Initially, she was afraid to move, thinking he'd be up and at her throat. But he seemed..exhausted at this moment and time.

(Oh!)

The signal! She forgot to activate it!

The Scrounge rubbed at his eyes, and (Name) took the chance to touch the button on the device in ear. They should be able to track her now, though it doesn't work instantaneously. She would need to buy time.

"You are here.. Because you are the product of filth."

She bit her lip at his words, but listened all the same. 

"The product of people that should not exist... Making you the ultimate crime of existence."

(Name) kept the gaze. She's been called many things in her life, but never a crime for her very existence. Had this man hated her parents this much? What did they..do?