Dreamed Memories - Pt 6

"You seem tired."

The voice of a certain guardian reached her ears, as the girl's eyes fluttered awake. In seconds had her body went upright, and she'd frantically search for her surroundings. She was in a room. It was cozy. A relieved sigh escaped, up until the clearing of one's throat reached ears.

Uh-oh.

"A-ah! Aizawa-san!"

The man in question thinned his lips into a line, halting motion on his fork. Right. They were having dinner. She took a glance down at his plate, cringing at how he was nearly done, whereas hers was hardly touched. She couldn't explain her way out of this one, can she?

"(Name).."

The man began, reaching for a napkin to clean his mouth. The tone used made her gulp silently, preparing for a lecture. That or she was going to bust out in apologies or explanations.

"Now what's going on with you?"

"What? Nothing! Nothing at all!"

"Is there something wr-"

"Nothing's wrong! Everything's perfect!! What makes you think something's wrong?"

Aizawa paused, deciding to momentarily humor her. Gesturing towards her plate with his fork, he began.

"For one, you hardly touched your food."

Then, in a quick motion, the girl began to shovel food in her mouth. The man paused speech, watching as she nearly choked before continuing to list off more reasons.

"Two, you look exhausted."

"That's-"

"And I know you've been sneaking out."

At this, the girl dropped her fork, feeling herself grow pale. Bowing her head to where it nearly hit the table, words fumbled out her mouth without pause.

"I'm so so so sorry!! Won't happen again, I swear!"

As if. This was the fifth time this happened. Not to mention the others times he hadn't caught her bed being empty.

The male narrowed his eyes. There really was no way out from this confrontation.

"(Name). I am your guardian. I have to look out for you and your well-being is my responsibility, along with one of my many priorities."

Guilt entered the girl's being at his words. Despite him being her legal guardian after all theses years, it was still a bit of a sore subject. She didn't want to worry him. She didn't want to make his life any harder than it needed be, considering his job. It's like he's in hero mode 24/7.

Glancing down slightly, the girl bit her lip. He must've been really worried for her this past month or so.

"(Name). Talk to me."

His tone wasn't harsh. It was comforting, and she released a sigh. She should talk to him. For reassurance. But how would she exactly explain it? That she's like this, restless not acting like usual, over a boy? A boy from his class, no less? Nothing but misunderstandings would happened, that's for sure.