Lost Chapter - Part Four

✿ Note Before Reading:

(H/H/C) = Her Hair Color/His Hair Color

(H/S/C) = Her Skin Color/His Skin Color

"D...did i... Did I do it?"

The woman groaned, head spinning and twirling, before hands rested on her shoulders to push her back. Her tired eyes met with calm ones, which settled her down completely.

"You did just fine. You can rest now."

Her plump lips coated in red lipstick gave a weak smile, as her hand shakily intertwined with his. They looked into their eyes for a few seconds, before the male turned his head, smiling at the employee.

"Well, doc?"

"You just gave birth to your new baby girl!"

The lady's smile was tight, which immediately set unease in the man's stomach. The woman, however, didn't catch on. His expression faltered, before quickly being placed back up once more. A nod was given, as he thanked the woman.

"My baby...where's my baby? I want to see her."

The tired woman complained weakly, as the male stood up reassuring that he'd gather the infant. The second he and the employee stepped out the room however, his face gave a serious look at the man standing outside. He had a nicely pressed suit and a leather suitcase, and continuously glanced at his watch. The poor employee quickly excused herself, off to go gather the child in question.

He was quick to respond in turn.

"What are you doing here?"

He was sure this man wasn't around to monitor the birth of the child. After all, he wasn't around for The Endeavor's Son's birth, he was sure. Like said hero would even allow that.

"You're overdue for your assignment."

"So? All pregnancies are different."

He didn't like where this was going. The man straightened his tie, clearing his throat.

"According to the application you two signed, not fulfilling your assignments within the scheduled time calls for punishments."

"Are you serious?!"

The stupid paper. Why did he sign it?

The man bared his teeth, eyes briefly darting through the window to stare at the female hero, who looked to be on the verge of passing out. The total amount of hours for the baby's birth was six, which took a toll on both the mother and father. Hers was worse obviously, but having his hand being gripped for so long? Not pleasant.

His fists were gripped, and the man seemed to tense immediately. Raising up his suitcase in a way to defend himself, he spoke up.

"I'm just here to reinforce this law."

His glare was harsh, and didn't let up until the employee came back once more. In the lady's arms was the single being that the held the man's heart so tightly, and he would give anything to protect her. His daughter.