Chapter Nineteen

(Eye Color) hues were crammed shut, visible sweat pouring down her face. She was sure her legs were shaking, despite not being able to see it, nor feel them for that matter. All she felt was the strong hand on her shoulder, holding her in place. And the hand felt like it sucked away all the heat from her body.

"I've returned."

The Irish voice felt like it was right in her ear, and the teen peaked her eyes open. The room was dark, completely dark in fact. The only source of light was above them, a hanging light-bulb that would flicker every now and then. It only increased the creepiness factor.

The hand slowly slid from her shoulder, before settling on the middle of her back. (Name) jerked her body forward at the sharp finger touch, but couldn't get far, as his other hand latched under her chin.

"...Pity. I thought that now that I actually have you.."

The man's words trailed off, before a sigh escaped him. Then he shoved her forward, causing a slight stumble. She was no longer in the light.

"Take her away for now. I'll be seeing her in my office soon enough."

And then the man's footsteps went away. But he wasn't talking to her. There was someone else in here with her.

"?!"

Suddenly an forearm wrapped around her head rather tightly, covering up her eyes and partially her nose. Then another arm was wrapped around her neck, forcibly jotting up her chin to silence her noises. Not only was it uncomfortable, it was painful. She found herself ripping at the arms, only to feel no effect whatsoever. The person didn't let up, what's more, it finally began to move.

With ease the person lifted her up, head still locked within their forearms. Judging by how the forearms felt, this person had to be male. Or someone bulky. Unfortunately, she felt like she was getting light-headed, and would suffocate.

Then the fighting back lowered, and her arms began to still. The person seemed content, as they hoisted her up to a less deadly grip, with their arms wrapping around her waist. Then her body went limp.

••••••

Aizawa leaned over the shoulder of the working man, but luckily didn't get too into his personal bubble.

Cuu was typing away rapidly at computer, about information considered important for this mission. It was silent for a bit, both men eyeing the screen, before Aizawa spoke.

"Any updates?"

"Negative."

(Why hasn't she turned on the signal yet..?)

The hero rubbed his tired eyes in thought, the goggles hanging loosely by his neck. He didn't want to think of her getting into some kind of inconvenience. He refused too, but the thoughts popped up quite a lot.

What if the Scrounge found the device in her ear?

What if she was dead before it was activated?

What if she had restricted movement?

That..shouldn't be the case. The Scrounge would make her suffer in a different way. He wouldn't just straight out kill her, despite that would result in getting revenge on Meta-Atom all these years. No, he'd want others to see.. He'd want to look the duo in the eye as he destroyed their life's biggest accomplishment. So long as he killed her, he would've gotten what he wanted. Even if he was the next one to burrow into the ground.