Chapter Twenty Six

note: i keep reading toga's lines in harley quinn's voice and it might've influenced her character in this story srry

There was a small silence on (Name)'s part. She could not believe her eyes.

What better way than to go back over what just happened?

In her desperate attempt to escape for her live, she had noticed the absence of her backpack. Her backpack that held certain tools to escape, similar to what she used to open the vent for her and Midoriya to escape.

In a panic, she beat on the vents in desperation, noticing that it was loose from rust and old age. Though she definitely hurt her hand, the plan worked, and she entered the vents and left the area. She escaped the danger, but now they would be looking for her.

But the escape was short-lived.

Yet again thanks to old age, the escape route gave out, and she landed right into the room of one of her multiple enemies. What's more, this particular enemy scared her to death, being second to the Scrounge himself. And do keep in mind; The entire building is her enemy.

The (Hair Color)-ette felt herself pale, and her stomach drop. And within a moment's notice, all her hope had vanished. What was she to do? She landed right into the enemy's grasp, though not all that literal. And said enemy was grinning at her, but her eyes shown nothing but pure insanity.

(Name) suddenly wanted to empty her stomach.

"Ah~! I wasn't expecting a visitor within my room!"

Toga was the first to speak, eyes sparkling with god knows what thoughts she was thinking right now. (Name) wanted nothing more than to recoil and flinch away, but she stayed still. Paralyzed in place. Toga, of course, took note of this.

"Hey, hey. What's wrong with you, doll? Oh, I get it! You're actually playing doll now!"

She was mocking her. (Name) could feel it. And that sentence alone caused an reaction, feeling a sudden boost of confidence to respond.

"S..stop calling me that! I'm not a doll!"

"Ah, but you are! You're here meant to be a doll! That's why the big boss brought you, ain't it?"

Big Boss? Was she referring Scrounge? Toga hummed, skipping her way over towards the teenager. (Name), in turn, darted away, finding a wall to lean on that was far away from her as possible. A notably pout came onto the villain's face.

"Hey now. That's not very fair, you know?"

"Y-you.. What do you mean?"

"Eh?"

"What do you mean?!"

(Name) clasped her hands over her mouth, realizing she raised her voice. The blonde stared with an unreadable expression, and (Name) felt her heart beat faster. What if she crossed a line? What if she kills her now because she yelled? What if- What if-

"Ha! You don't know why you're here? You have to know. Everyone knows. But the one that's the most involved doesn't even..? BwahaHAHA!!"

Whatever this insane chick was saying and thinking about, which was apparently something (Name) should be aware of but isn't, sent her into a fit of loud laughter. (Name) inwardly cringed at the loud noise. Attention would surely be drawn towards them. But..she also felt a bit insulted. She was being laughed at!

(By a criminal) said a part of her brain, (Don't provoke her)

(As if!) said another, (Let's stop her!)