Chapter Twenty Five

note: what's this? another double upload(that's hella late) since..what chapter was that? o.o

A groan erupted within the room.

Learning to focus your sight was something newly born infants had to trouble of learning. But picture that someone within their teenage years having the struggle of accomplishing that at this very moment. Seems sad, right?

It wasn't worse from learning to walk again, but the fact that it had to relearned was ridiculous.

(Name) did not know how long she had been out for. And she did not care for it. But judging by how her brain was swirling with pain and after effects of what could be a concussion, she had an idea of how she was rendered unconscious.

Then the memory came flooding back. The Scrounge. The pain. What happened.

It made her shoot her eyes open, quickly lifting herself as all her senses switched to survival as her brain registered that she was 'in danger'. Instead, all that erupted was a loud scream, with her going to grab at her head.

It alerted whoever else was in the room, causing said body to quickly make their way over to help soothe the pain. Their hands replaced hers, and they eased her way back onto her back.

"Don't sit up so quickly!! You took a large amount of damage towards your head area, you need to be-"

A groan cut the man off, as he silently apologize. He raised his tone, and it caused the headache to worsen.

"My...apologies. But please, you must rest."

She managed to open an eye, flinching from the brightness of this room. It was plain white. and clean, real clean. It would be appreciated, had the bright colors not hurt already. But she did manage to identify and recognize the man that looked down upon her wounded form.

It was..

"You're that...guide from earlier.. Mr. C?"

That's what that one villain, Toga was her name, called him. Said man nodded, still tending towards her head injury.

"I have brought you here to tend to the wounds of your recent accident."

She took the time to glance down at what she could see of herself, arms bandaged and wrappings around her torso. She could not tell in terms of her legs, however.

"I am afraid I had to rid you of your jacket. It was getting soaked and easily irritated your wounds."

Her face made a sour expression, but she did not move.

"Your Boss did this to me."

"We do not know that."

(Name) rolled her eyes. So he was playing this game, was he?

"Yeah, but I know. I was there. Isn't that reason enough to believe me?"

"But he never said he had done so. Why am I to believe you, when I can believe him instead?"

There was literally no other candidate to harm her, as she recalled he telling the others to leave her be. She knew he knew, but he did have a point in his counter-argument. He really had no reason to believe her, even when it was so clear she was right.

Sighing, she stayed still. She did not say anything while he tended to her bandages. Then, she spoke softly, but loud enough to catch his ears.

"He's going to kill me.. Isn't he?"