Eight.

"Hey,  I'm here to see the patient."

I looked up and saw Finn standing in my bedroom doorway with a grin on his face. He bit his lip ring and walked over, sitting on my bed next to me.

Smiling weakly at him, I held the blanket up for him to climb in. He grinned and crawled under the warm blanket next to me.

We lay for a moment in silence, until Finn spoke up gently. "How are you feeling?"

"A little better. I'm not as tired anymore." I mumbled, still half-asleep. Finn ran his hands through my hair and looked thoughtful.

I could see the dark circles under his eyes, stress and exhaustion evident on his face.

"Stop worrying." I instructed.

He shook his head. "You know I can't do that."

"Did you get any sleep last night?" I asked.

"No. I got you into the hospital at 2AM, went home and told Ross what had happened, then thought about you until we could visit you at eight this morning."

"Damn. What a night." I felt a little bit guilty.

Finn chuckled and pulled me in for a tight hug. "Why did you cut yourself? Was it the first time?"

"Yeah. First time." I lied. "I never want to do it again."

Somehow Finn believed me, and I felt him relax and let out a breath. "Thank God. That's such a relief to hear, Scribble." 

There was a moment of silence again. "You haven't been drawing as much recently, have you?" He asked.

I shook my head. "The last time I was creative was three days ago. I think I might explode."

Something in Finn's eyes hinted that this revelation concerned him, but I chose to pretend that I didn't notice. He knew that I only drew when I was happy.

We lay in an embrace for another few minutes, neither of us uttering a word, until-

"Guys!" Ross hissed. "Stop making out, your friend is at the door!"

"We're not making out!" Finn groaned as he fell out of the bed and staggered to the door. "Ross, don't you dare answer that door! My friends already think I'm an embarrassment!"

I heard the door open and then an awkward silence. "Hi, Thin." The voice laughed deeply.

"Thin?" Finn questioned.

"Yeah, it sounds like Finn and your legs and arms look like sticks. So, I'm going to call you Thin now." Mark chuckled.

Finn hesitated. "But-"

"Would you rather I called you 'Skinny Ass?'" Mark growled, and I heard him push past Finn.

When he saw me he grinned. "Hey, Lola."

"Mark, what's up?" I smiled, happy to see my friend.

Mark came and sat down on my desk chair next to the bed and turned to face me. "How are you feeling after this morning?"

"I'm okay." I shrugged. "Still alive." 

"Good, anyway, do you want to come out later to the bar? Lia and everyone is going." He asked.

"I can't. I'm on medication." I mumbled.

"Come on. Don't be boring." Mark frowned.

A presence appeared in the doorway. "She is not going anywhere. She's sick and she can't drink while she's on medication."

"Fuck off, Thin." Mark warned. "No one asked for your input."

"Mark-" I muttered.

"Did you just tell me to fuck off in my own apartment?" Finn looked furious.

"My apartment." I told him.

"What are you going to do about it?" Mark smirked, ignoring my comment.

Finn clenched his fists.

"Is that it, huh? You think you can hurt me." He paused and laughed, turning to me. "He thinks he can hurt me."

"Guys, come on." I pleaded.

Ross appeared in the doorway and sighed. "You guys are being ridiculous. I'm trying to watch the game, can you shut up?"

Everyone ignored him, and there was a tense silence for a few moments.

"Fine. I'll go." Just as Ross was about to return to the lounge, he stopped. "Are you alright, Lola?"

I nodded and he smiled, disappearing from view.

"You're crazy." I told both of the boys.

"I don't think I'm the crazy one here." Mark stood up. "I'm going to go. See you later, Lola."

"Bye, have fun at the bar tonight." I felt really uncomfortable.

As Mark left the room, Finn moved backwards to try and get away. All of a sudden, Mark's hands were around Finn's neck. He was holding him up against the wall, Finn's legs nearly off the ground.

"Don't think you can get away with being clever with me, you bastard." Mark warned.

"Fuck off." Finn mumbled.

After a second, Mark dropped him and walked out without a word. Finn just stood there in silence, looking angry.

"Are you okay? Thanks for sticking up for me." I didn't really know what to say.

Finn didn't look up. Instead, he shrugged and flicked his hair.

Ross appeared and let out a shaky breath. "What happened?"

After a moment, Finn screamed in anger. "Everyone just fuck off!" He punched the wall and stormed into his bedroom, slamming the door.

Ross came and sat on the bed. "Jesus. I'm guessing those two don't get on very well."

"Thanks for the understatement of the year, Ross."