Twenty Four.

A/N: if you haven't read my chatty book 'Random Thoughts With Rebecca At Night' go check it out 😊😊 I love you guys so much 🌼🌼

The fluffy, powdery marshmallow became a sticky mess, plopping into the ashes of the fire. There it blackened, the pure whiteness tainted with a sharp black anger. Three pairs of eyes looked upon it as it became lost in the dancing orange of the flames.

I looked at the end of the empty stick in my hands, which appeared slightly blurred by what I had been drinking. "Well, that's a metaphor for my fucking life."

Finn chuckled. "You left it in too long. It just didn't work."

"You two always seem to leave things too long." Ross smiled, not looking up from the fire.

There was a silence, and all we could hear was the distant chirping of birds and the crackling of the fire. I yawned and pulled the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands, a newly dyed blue strand of hair falling in front of my face.

I had dyed my hair earlier, and it only looked vaguely nice due to how light my hair had been previously. Otherwise, it would have looked really weird and uneven. How it had turned out, however, was actually really nice.

There was a faint glugging sound and I looked up to see Finn taking a few big mouthfulls of whiskey. He put it down and wiped his mouth, staring back at Ross and I. "What?" He shrugged.

I shrugged back. Ross frowned. "You're drinking a lot."

Finn passed me the bottle. "Here, you have some."

His eyes looked slightly glassed over, but I shook my head to myself and took a few bitter swallows of the drink myself. Cringing, I coughed and passed it back to him. Finn laughed. "You okay, Scribble?"

"I'm fine." I smiled. "Feeling a bit tipsy already, to be honest."

"You've only been drinking for like an hour!" Ross rolled his eyes. "Absolute lightweights."

"Fuck off." Finn bit his lip. "You wouldn't be able to handle a glass of wine, you baby."

I laughed. "Don't have an argument. I don't want to have to break up a girl fight."

There was a moment of silence, and Finn came over and sat next to me on the log. I leaned my head on his shoulder. He started singing 'I Don't Care If You're Contagious' by Pierce The Veil under his breath.

I joined in, and I shut my eyes.

Ross interrupted us. "You two are drunk."

Finn giggled, which made Ross and I burst out laughing, which in turn made Finn laugh. We all laughed together for a minute, and I looked at Finn. "I can't believe you just fucking giggled like that."

We looked at each other, and I moved so I was sitting on his lap. He smiled and I leaned on him and shut my eyes. "You smell like whiskey." I whispered.

"That's you." He whispered back. I replied under my breath, but I wasn't quite sure what I said. "Ross, mate." Finn spoke up. "Pass the bottle."

"Can't I have some?" Ross whined.

"No!" Finn took it out of his hands and downed it. "There's none left."

I frowned at him slightly, watching him intensely. I hardly ever saw Finn drunk, and it was quite fascinating. In my current state, however, I just wanted to cuddle up and go to sleep. I didn't have time to think about feelings.

"Finny." I whined.

"Yeah, baby?"

"I'm cold." I said, and he lifted me off his lap and stood up. He wobbled slightly, then staggered into the back of the van. "He's drunk." I giggled to Ross.

"So are you." Ross chuckled. "But its kind of hilarious."

From the side of the van, we heard the sound of someone falling over. Finn's laughter drifted round the fire, and I stood up and walked over to him. My legs felt a bit like jelly, but I managed to pull him up. "You're fucking mental." I panted, grinning at him.

"I got you a jumper." Finn passed me the purple fabric he held in his hands.

"But I'm already wearing a jumper." I started laughing then, thinking about how stupid the situation was.

Forgetting about Ross, Finn pulled me up into the van and sat me down on our bed. He wobbled over to the kitchen and picked up his plastic bag from earlier. "There's one thing left." He pulled out a small cardboard box and then opened it to reveal a few silver packets.

"Condoms?" I gasped.

He smirked at me, winking. "Yeah."

"So we're going to...? You want to...?" I gawked.

"I mean... If you want." He shrugged.

"But Ross is out there." I hissed, gesturing to behind me. "We can't."

"You planning on screaming?" Finn bit his lip. "I'm joking, I was thinking that just for now we could fill one up with water and throw it at Ross. Like a water balloon."

I relaxed a little, but also felt my heart drop slightly. "Yeah, okay."

Finn smiled. "But I'll keep the rest for a rainy day."

We looked at each other for a second, until Finn ripped his gaze away and ripped open the condom packet with his teeth. He took the rubber out and spat the wrapper on the floor. I watched him deeply as he filled it up with water from the sink and tied the end.

Without a word, he walked across the van and climbed out. After a moment there was a splash, a laugh, and a loud shout.

"Finn, bro, what the fuck! Is that a water balloon?"