Thirty Seven.

I rolled over, panting and shivering slightly. His body lay warm next to mine.

"That was unexpected." He raised his eyebrows. "I think I like surprises now."

Unable to properly catch my breath, I just pulled the blanket up to my chin and made a noise.

Finn chuckled at me and stood up, sliding his shorts on. "You enjoyed that then?"

Nodding, I tucked my hair behind my ear. He smiled and walked into the doorway, going to the bathroom. "Wait." I instructed. "Come and sit on the end of the bed."

He did as he was told, frowning at me. "You're not going to tell me you have a disease now, are you?"

Wow. That's the reaction I get when I'm about to propose my love for someone. Thanks Finn. "No, of course not." I said, almost disgruntled.

"What then?" He reached out and gently took my hand in his.

"I just wanted to say..." I bit my lip. "That I love you."

"I love you too, Scribble. You know that."

"No." I emphasised. "I love you. I really love you. Like, actual love."

"Oh." Finn stiffened for a second, and then sighed. "I'm happy about that. I love you too."

He stood up, a stupid grin on his face. Disappearing into the bathroom, I heard him humming to himself. Where's my heartfelt 'I love you too I'm so glad we're here together let's start dating'?

"Uh, Finn?" I called to him. "What the fuck?"

"What?" He called back. "I'm about to get in the shower. Wanna join?"

"Come back here." I demanded. His messy hair appeared into sight. My eyes narrowed at him. "I said I love you."

"I know." He looked confused. "I love you too."

"Is that all I get?" Pouting, I sat up and held the blanket up to cover my chest.

"Well, what do you want me to say?" Finn leaned against the door frame. "I've shown you that I love you throughout our whole friendship. You know I love you. I've taken you on a road trip, I've cared for you and I've kept you happy. Is that not enough?"

I sighed."It is enough. I just... I feel like there's something more to be done."

Finn smirked at me, half joking. "If you want round two then that's fine by-"

"No! I..." For a moment, I regretted what I was about to say. No, I had to. It was time. "I want you to be my boyfriend."

Finn stood there in silence for a second, smiling to himself. "I've never seen you this emotional. I love it. Of course I'll be your boyfriend."

I smiled at him gratefully.

"But," he added. My heart sank. "You have to be nice to me."

Taking the pillow in my hands, I threw it at him and groaned. "I thought you were going to change your mind!" Unknowingly, as I spoke, the blanket slipped and revealed my chest.

"Nice view." Finn smirked.

"Fuck off!" I laughed and threw the other pillow at him. "You're annoying."

"Get used to it. You're stuck with me now." He winked at me and walked into the bathroom. "My offer still stands for a shared shower."

I thought for a moment, and got up from the bed. As I reached the doorway, I felt Finn staring at me. He gulped. "Eyes to yourself, moron." I turned the shower on and climbed in.

He shook his head. "You're a fucking weirdo."

"Get used to it." I winked. "You're stuck with me now."