Maisey's Idea and Speech

This is for Rxsesxciety and her selection Roleplay. Below, I have included Maisey going a speech on her ideas for improving Illèa. Hopefully it's good! 😅 It's a little long but I put a lot of thought into this and used my knowledge on things as well as did a little research. So without further adieu, I present Maisey and her speech!

Topic: Business and Economy

Maisey took a breath, ready to present her idea. She had put a lot of thought into it and hoped it met the expectations the royals held. Clearing her throat, she began, "I chose to pursue the topic of business and economics and how my idea for that might help that section of Illèan society. My first thought was in order to protect our domestic producers and domestic market, all foreign goods would receive an increased barrier of trade. Imported items from foreign countries would have tariffs placed upon them, raising the price and making the now cheaper and affordable domestic products more popular. This will protect our local entrepreneurs and ensure that Illèa doesn't fully rely on foreign imports all the time.

"I also propose that we consider things like quotas. This way, we can determine how much of a foreign product comes into our country. We can also use quotas to determine their net value, and we can change it accordingly in order to protect the domestic marketplace.

"Continuing on the line of international trade, I feel Illèa should take the offensive and start expanding our global market. Our producers and entrepreneurs could expand their businesses to other countries, including setting up shops in countries we are close to. This way, our country receives revenue from our global businesses. It, in turn, helps our economy as business is closely tied to the economy. Also, when trading world wide, we ought to consider an Exim Bank. This bank handles the relationship of imports and exports with ease. It takes our currency and transfers it to the currency of the country who we have gotten an import from, granted that they are different. It makes payment more efficient and it influences a lot of the international trade market. Having a good and well rounded Exim Bank will only help Illèa to achieve this goal of prospering business and a prosperous economy.

"Finally, taking things back to the domestic sphere, let's focus on things like taxes. Currently, a lot of the lower castes are hurting from the current taxing system. I'm proposing we change this system and make it into a system all can agree with. The upper castes, roughly two through fours, have the ability to spare money. For this reason, I say for those castes we raise taxes a quarter of a percent. The government will prosper and with more money in the national bank, we can use it towards things the people want. As for the lower castes, five and below, we would lower taxes by half a percent so that they can let their families prosper. Happy people are always good, especially when it means there won't be likely means for the people to revolt against the crown.

"All of the ideas I've proposed I have thought through, and if you have further questions let me know. However, Illèa's economy shall prosper if we truly consider these ideas and implement them within our system. Thank you for your time and please consider this for the greater good of Illèa."