Challenge One

This is for -varchies and her current Selection Roleplay, Personal. Here is August's stuff 😂

Character Aesthetic:

Another Picture of August:

Favorite Royal and Why: "My favorite Royal, huh? Well

Favorite Royal and Why: "My favorite Royal, huh? Well...I guess so far I'd have to say Keira. King Marco is pretty stellar too, but there's just something about Keira that I can't quite explain. I guess she's understanding and she listens. I also suppose that maybe it's because she does her best to make all of this feel normal, even though we both know it's far from that. She's easy to talk to, and I appreciate her company. It's as simple as that."

Least Favorite Royal and Why: "Well, I can't say I have a least favorite as of yet...I mean, I really haven't talked to a whole lot of people or met them personally. I suppose if I were going off of reputation... Elle seems like a wild card, and she seems to thrive with chaos. I just don't think we would get along well...and I don't believe we necessarily have."

What August would do as Prince/King: "Oh god, I don't even know where to start. Honestly I'd probably be a hopeless monarch, but I'd try my best regardless. I suppose I'd try and enact some sort of law to help the people, the common folk like me. Life isn't easy and I'd hate to see anyone go through what I had to go through. I would also try and make sure all of the country was thriving, so perhaps I would rework trade deals and exports and imports. But most importantly, I'd make sure the people were given opportunities to succeed, to thrive. They deserve that. Nobody deserves the life I have...or had? I think it's both..."

One Item from Home & Why: "As stupid as it sounds, I brought a teddy bear. And before you go assuming, no, it's not mine. It's my sister's bear. It belongs to my youngest sister, Lucy. She wanted me to bring it. She said that it was to help me being away from them. That it could remind me of home, of her, and that I wouldn't be lonely then. She told me it would keep the nightmares away...that I would always have my family close by with some damn bear. Her gesture was sincere and profound. How could I say no? Besides, it reminds me of her and the rest of them every day. So I guess I'm not so alone."

Letter to Loved ones:

To the Dearest Women in my Life,
This Selection has been a wild ride so far. I miss you all dearly. I just hope that the handsome pensions are getting you three by splendidly. I know that Mother must be working her ass off, excuse my crude language. As for Phoebe and Lucy, I hope you two have stepped up to help her.
Everything here is so different. You wouldn't believe it. Well, I mean you probably would. The palace is beautiful, beyond anything you could dream of. And the royals? I haven't met many, but I have been able to meet the King himself along with Princess Keira. I know Phoebe and Lucy are probably squealing over that. You two are borderline obsessed, and I mean that jokingly of course. And don't you both go jumping to conclusions and start pairing me up with her. She's an acquaintance, a friend. It's as simple as that. There's nothing more to it...not yet anyways. I doubt there ever will be. But you two will protest and say that I have the best chance and that I'm oh so dashing. I appreciate the flattery, but reality is a little different, baby sisters.
Mother, you would appreciate the cooking here. It's marvelous, though it makes me miss home like hell. I can't stand being away from you and the girls. I feel so guilty for coming here, for leaving you three stranded again for God knows how long. I feel like I'm repeating the war, by leaving you. But I don't want to leave you three. You know that. I'm doing this for the pension, for the hopes that you won't have to work as much, Mother. That you and Phoebe and Lucy can thrive. It is a handsome pension and I know it'll go a long way. Perhaps Phoebe can finally buy a new dress and attend a savvy party. Or Lucy can buy new paint and make a masterpiece. Whatever you use the money for, I know it'll be put to good use. It'll help you three, help us, tremendously. Perhaps life won't be so rough anymore. Of course maybe I'm only dreaming...
All in all, my stay here has been enjoyable. Sinfully so on my part as I can't stand being away from you. However, I know that in the end it'll work itself out. Whatever happens, I'll be back soon enough. I'll try and write you as much as I can. I'm sorry I don't have a lot of juicy gossip like the girls would've liked, but I'm sure there's plenty more to come. I'm just grateful to still be in this.
Best wishes and all my love,
August