Chapter 9: Out of air

(A/n: I ended up changing the end scene because I didn't like how I had used the scene from out an high school host club so I changed it completely to my own which I'm glad I did. Anyway enjoy)

Lucy Heartfilia stretched her arms over her head before clenching her toes, she could feel the sand inbetween her toes.
The blond haired girl had already put on sunscreen so that she wouldn't get sun burnt. Lucy smiled at the girls that were starting to get into the water. Lucy was wearing a red bikini with her hair tied into two ponytails, her red sunglasses sat on top of her head and small black bag rested at her side. The blonde haired girl would join her friends once she had finished her icecream.

Lucy heard a pair of footsteps behind her the person clearly tried to be sneaky but failed, when she felt a person loom over her she rammed the icecream into the person face, she turned her head slightly before replying.
' don't even try and scare me Stingy bee' Lucy had been annoyed most of the morning since she woke up to a certain someone in her bed, that person was the pink haired idiot who snuck into her room.

Lucy couldn't be bothered eating her icecream anymore since she was in a foul mood she just gave it to Sting and walked away, she avoided the people that she didn't know and headed towards her friends who were all having a fun. The blonde haired girl put on a smile. Before getting into the water, Lucy set her towel down on the ground, kicked off her pink sandals and put her bag and sunglasses down as well. The brown eyed girl walked towards the water and felt the cold water touch her toes she didn't stop though, she only slowed down when her knees were fully emereged, even with the sun heating her up she was still nicely cold thanks to the water

The blonde took a deep breath before diving into the water, the cold water rushed all around her and Lucy sat on her knees so that most of her body was emerged, she then swam over to her group of friends. Lucy snuck up on the short haired bluenette who had her back to the blonde, Lucy scared her friend and Levy turned towards her.
' Lu-chan you scared me' Levy put a hand to her beating heart, Lucy just smiled at her friend before joining in on everyone's conversation which was just planning on what they should do for the day.

~~Timeskip brought to you by a chibi Natsu in his bathers holding a icecream~~

After two and a half hours of swimming the nine girls got out of the water to see the trouble makers looking at them, Lucy, Erza, Levy and Cana all rolled their eyes at them while the others either pretended that they weren't or just hadn't noticed. Lucy looked over at the boys who looked a bit bored, she smirked before yelling to them.
' Perverts!' She yelled and watched in satisfaction as most of them looked annoyed by her comment. All the girls laughed as they headed towards the volleyball nets, the boys being boys challenged the girls. The girls split off into two teams, one team consisting of Wendy, Lucy, Levy, Juvia and Erza, the other team consisted of Aries, Cana, Lisanna and Mira. The boys also split off into two teams, the team that was versing Lucy's team consisted of Natsu, Gray, Loke, Jellal and Gajeel, the team versing Mira's consisted of Laxus, Sting, Rogue and Lyon.

Lucy's team let the boys serve first, their first server was Jellal. His serve made it over the net with ease. Juvia hit the ball to Lucy who was setter, she set it up perfectly for Erza who hit the ball really hard, the boys were to slow to hit the ball. Lucy smiled at her teammates as they cheered.

' good job girls, we have this game in the bag' Lucy said before going to serve since they had rotated. Lucy served the ball and Gray was the one to hit it but Natsu just missed the pass. The girls once again cheered because they got the point. Lucy served the ball and once again Gray hit it this time though Natsu set the ball and Gajeel spiked it, Juvia and Wendy collided heads which caused the girls to lose the point but Lucy didn't mind at all neither did the other girls.

~~Timeskip to the end of all the matches.~~
No one's p.o.v
After everyone had versed each other, Lucy's team ended up victorious with three wins and no loses Natsu's team lost every round because their team fought with each other, Mira's team came second tied with Stings's team since they both won against Natsu's team but lost to Lucy's team and tied with each other. Most of the others went swimming, this time the boys joined them, Lucy was one of the only girl's that stayed on the beach.

The only ones besides Lucy was Rogue, Laxus and Jellal, the blonde haired girl didn't mind them hanging around her since they were usually quiet. Lucy was stretched out on her towel with a water bottle in her hand, her sunglasses over her eyes to protect her from the glare of the sun and her shirt over the top of her bikini to protect her from the sun.
'so how come you three don't want to swim?' She asked turning towards the three boys that were sitting near the blonde.

' i don't like the sun' Rogue said from where he was sitting under the umbrella. Lucy rolled her eyes at him before mumbling vampire under her breath.
' i don't want to' Jellal said as Lucy rolled onto her stomache, the three turned their attention onto Laxus.

' I don't like the ocean' The blonde haired boy with the scar on his face said.
' come on explain why its not like any of us is going to mock you for it' Lucy said looking at him in curiosity.
' theres nothing to explain I don't like the ocean, its just a huge vast pool of water which you could die in so easily'
Lucy looked at him and searched his face before responding.

' ah so your afraid of the ocean, theres got to be a reason, come on spill' Lucy said as she sat up, she really wanted to know more about the blonde's past now. Laxus looked at Lucy with cold eyes before simply saying that he wasn't.
' theres no reason to hide that your afraid, everyone's afraid of something, I'm afraid of birds and...' She was cut of by the scar faced boy who raised his voice in anger.

' I don't care what your afraid of! Just shut up already you idiot!' Some people turned towards the yelling and saw that Lucy and the other two were shocked by Laxus's sudden outburst.

Lucy stood up without looking at any of them before running away from the three boys, Laxus immediately felt guilt fill him inside, he didn't move an inch though. He and the other two guys watched as she ran towards the water, looks like she had planned on swimming after all.

"You should probably go after her dumbass" Rogue was sending a death glare at Laxus's direction. He ignored the glare and stood up, he sighed and walked towards the ocean. Fear tumbled through him and he hesitated at the waters edge until he saw what happened next.

Lucy's p.o.v
The blonde haired girl didn't care that she was still wearing her shirt over the top of her bikini, or that the water was freezing, she didn't even care how far she was going out she just wanted to get away, to stop the aching feeling in her chest. She shouldn't have pestered him about it, she had no right, she just wanted to know more about him, she wanted to know more about the guys she lived with.

The blonde sighed as she looked down at the ocean below her, she could see her legs weaving through the water as they helped keep her afloat, she looked behind her to see just how far she had swam out, she was surprised to see just how far she was out, no one was even close to her, she should probably head closer back to shore. Just as she was about to begin heading in she heard someone shout her name which caused her to look around.

That's when she saw it, the huge wave heading right for her. Lucy didn't have anytime to react, she couldn't do anything. It was too late. The wave crashed into her sending her tumbling into a direction, just as she was about to surface another wave hit pushing her back under and in a different direction. The blonde haired girl couldn't keep her eyes open for long and when she could, all she could see was dark blue and the occasional yellow from her hair. She hit and kicked around as she scrambled around to reach the surface.

She was running quickly out of the air and sinking quickly. Soon she couldn't hold in the air that she had kept captive, and water rushed in immediately. Her consciousness faded as she sunk further and further in the cold depths of the ocean.

Date written: 18/2/17
Date published: 8/2/17
Date edited: 28/12/17
Next chapter: Meeting mira's friends