Chapter 39: trouble has arised

10 chapters left
{The nightmare had only just begun}

(For those who have read this chapter already there is now a question at the very end)

Gray's p.o.v
Gray fullbuster could only hear Lucy's protests for a few seconds as he disappeared into the crowd of people that were confused, afraid and looking for a way out.

The raven haired boy shoved his way through the crowd as he tried to look for the problem, it was hard to do so when everyone was running in the opposite direction to him. Least it meant that he was going the right way.

Guilt chewed at Gray a tiny bit but he couldn't tell her why he was so worried about her safety. He had promised the others that he wouldn't tell her, not yet. It all started this morning when they all had a meeting.

Earlier that day.
Gray had just finished tying the tie on, when his door burst open, it startled him a bit, he spun on his heel to see a certain blue haired male, he had a serious expression on his face instead of a monotone one.

" we have a meeting happening downstairs right now"Jellal spoke before Gray could, usually Gray would argue with him but his expression stopped him. Gray was curious what the meeting was anyway so he nodded before following the dark blue haired male.

When the two entered the lounge room they saw that everyone but Rogue were wearing confused expressions, everyone but Jellal and Rogue knew what this meeting was about.

Gray hesitated in going into the lounge room, he knew that whatever it was, it was serious so he walked in and took a seat next to Lyon only gave him a side glance before looking back towards Rogue and Jellal. The room was full of silence before Rogue began to speak.

Gray snapped out of his train of thought, he didn't have time to dwell on what happened this morning, he had to focus on what was happening right now. In order to keep Lucy safe he would have to track down the person or people, the blonde haired girl should be fine on her own, she was safe on the balcony. It seemed that some people had managed to escape from whatever was going on. People slowly stopped running around and started to lower to the ground as a booming voice spoke.

"All get on the ground or I'll start shooting all of you" People whimpered in fear and slowly everyone descended towards the ground. Gray, who was closest to the banquet's food table did the same so that he didn't stick out. The raven haired boy could now see that there were two men on the top of the stairs and another men at the bottom, only one of them had a gun and that was the one above

"Now I'm I'm going to come down there and you are all going to stay there patiently until I come around with a bag which is what your going to put all your valuables in." The masked men made his way slowly down the staircase with his lackey in toe. Gray let at a small breath of relief before remembering what had happened earlier.

"A few minutes ago there was a knock at the door, I went to go investigate but there was no one there, just a small package left at the door" Rogue began from he stood, he reached into his pocket and pulled something out.

" the package was addressed to all of us, so Jellal and I opened it and this is what he found inside" He chucked whatever he had in his hands onto the coffee table in front of everyone. The photographs scattered all across the table, there were about five of them. Gray's eyes latched onto one of them. It was of Natsu and Lucy, they both had their backs turned to the camera, it appeared that they were at a fair. Jealousy shot through Gray, he swallowed it down though.

" there was also a note inside." Everyone watched as the post it note slowly landed on the table right onto one of the photos. Gray read it in his head.
'You thought you could get rid of me, well you thought wrong, I'm back and will collect her in a day or two; so be prepared.'

The room remained silent for a bit while everyone processed this. Gray's hands had unconsciously clenched up in balls, he felt anger course through his body but also fear. He was afraid that he would truly lose the one thing he cared the most about. Gray would rather they just be friends then not have her in his life at all.

"Gray!" Someone calling his name made him snap out of his small trance, he looked up to see everyone starring at him.
Natsu grabbed Gray suddenly by the collar.
" you better keep a close eye on Lucy tonight!" He growled, Gray could see the anger in his eyes. The raven haired boy punched him in the face.
" you don't think I was already planning on flame brain?!" Gray cracked his knuckles and Natsu mimicked it, both were ready to fight each other but Gajeel and Laxus both stepped in.

Gajeel put a hard hand onto his shoulder stopping Gray from doing anything as he stood in his way. The dark blue eyed boy assumed that Laxus had done the exact same thing with Natsu. Gray vowed to protect Lucy, no matter what. No harm would be brought to her tonight.

Gray saw that it wasn't long till the masked men got to him, his phone vibrated in his pocket as he received a call, lucky for him his phone was on silent so no sound was made. Gray had a plan, he just had to do everything correct otherwise it will not end well. The raven haired boy readied himself as the two men got closer and closer. His fists clenched just like this morning; the two men were only two people away. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. One person away. He had to do this so that he could go back to Lucy, he opened his eyes.

It was his turn. Gray began to unlatch his watch that was on his right hand then as quick as he could, he uppercut the man with the gun. The masked men immediately fell backwards unconscious, Gray roundhouses the other guy that tried to swing out him, that men went flying at the food table and crashed through it.

Gray grabbed the gun that had fallen and slid a bit away. The room was still dead silent, then the crowd erupted into cheers and cries of happiness. Everyone evacuated the building as quickly as possible unfortunately so did the remaining guy. As everyone made their way to the front door once the other two guys were tied up, Gray headed towards the balcony.

The black haired boy thought of ways that he could make it up to the blonde for leaving her at there, he would have to explain how he had taken down the criminals. Gray smiled knowing that she would scold him for putting his life into danger like that but she would eventually smile and say that he did a good job.

Gray picked up the pace, he wanted to see her, so that he could tell her exactly how he felt for her, so that she could hear the words come out of his mouth. He just wanted to see her, her smile, her long blonde hair, her beautiful chocolate coloured eyes that held all her emotions in them. Gray didn't get to see any of those when he got to the balcony, it was completely empty all except, his jacket and dark blue tie, the small square picture and a small note taped next to it.

What kept it from blowing away was the silver tiara placed on it. The exact one that Lucy had been wearing. Everything was drained away from Gray in that instant, all the adrenaline was gone, so was his happiness. His hope of seeing Lucy's smile had washed away. He stumbled towards the letter, he had no energy left in him, he collapsed onto his knees next to the picture. It was a picture of two people dancing, the blonde haired girl was in a long pink dress she wore a smile on her face, her pale hands were placed on the mans shoulders.

The man wore a black suit with a dark blue tie to match his eyes, his hair was in a raven style and was black like his suit. He wore a look of genuine happiness on his face. That memory felt like it happened million of years ago.
The note read exactly what he feared.

'You should have kept a closer eye on her, she is mine now'

The nightmare has only just begun.

A/n: That is the end of another chapter, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I'm actually kinda happy with how it turned out. Anywho, have a great day/night, i shall see you all in the next chapter.

Question: Whose p.o.v do you want some of the next chapter to be in besides Lucy's?

123tesh