Chapter 33: The break of a heart

Important notice: i will be doing editing on earlier chapters, nothing will be changed but just be warned that you will get new notifications for the chapters i have already published , so, sorry about that. Anyway enjoy the new chapter

'dates?' Lucy Heartfilia said confused as she turned to look at the other boys.
' yes, we all discussed it among each other. You can say no if you wish to, we don't want to force you to do anything.' A few minutes ago the boys had all come into the kitchen saying that they had an idea to help her decide who she loves the most. Their idea was that she go on a date with them all.

' no its fine, I don't mind doing this.' It was only fair to them that she tried to decide who she liked the most as quick as possible. She left out that bit though because there was no need to tell them.
' Awesome, so who are you going on a date with first?' Natsu said which made the blonde chew on her lip, she didn't know who she wanted to go on a date with first. She also didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Even though she had already done that. The brown eyed girl looked to the spot where one of the boys should have been standing but he wasn't. He hadn't really talked to anyone since Lucy told him that she didn't feel the same way. She felt bad for him but she had to do it because she didn't want to have keep chasing after her when she knew she didn't feel the same way.

' um maybe i should draw names out of a hat so that there isn't any arguements later.' She suggested to the seven Of them. (I'm to lazy to actually count how many of them there are, also thats not including the person she rejected and Loke)
' Thats a good idea Lucy' Rogue said praising the blonde haired girl, she smiled at the black haired boy.

' i'll write down your names so that none of you complain that each other cheated by putting in a bigger piece of paper.' After that, Lucy wrote down all of their names on a piece of paper and put them into a hat. All of them sat in the lounge room, Lucy took a deep breath before putting her hand into the hat before pulling out a piece of paper. She opened her eyes again before unfolding the piece of paper.

'Jellal ' she said out loud before putting the piece of paper down next to her. The next name was Rogue, than Natsu, than Lyon, then Sting, than lucky last was Gray. Tomorrow was Sunday thats when Jellal was taking her on their date, then on Monday it was her's and Rogue's, Tuesday was her's and Natsu's, And so on.

Later that night the blonde haired girl was laying in her bed, she sighed as she thought about the things that had happened recently. Her heart hurt a bit, she knew she was hurting the others by not knowing who she liked the most. She couldn't decide though and that hurt alot. Her heart also hurt thinking of Laxus. She had barely seen him lately, he always locked himself away in his room, he had said he was okay but she knew that he wasn't. Lucy closed her eyes hoping for the sadness to go away, instead she recieved the memory of what happened a few days ago. The day she broke Laxus's heart.

A few days ago~
The long haired girl took a deep breath as she entered the lounge room. Her brown eyes landed on the calm blonde haired boy who was casually sitting on the couch. He was on his phone typing to someone, Lucy could see happiness shine in his eyes, sadness flooded in her. She hestitated for a moment. This was something she had to do though.

' laxus can i talk to you outside for a second?' Lucy watched as Laxus and the others turned to look at her. The look on Laxus face let Lucy know that he knew, he knew what she was going to say. Even knowing that he nodded his head and stood up. The others stayed silent as they watched the two blondes walk off, all of them knew. Once outside in the cold air, the blonde haired girl stooped walking. The tall male shut the door behind him. Lucy forced herself to turn around and face him. His face was blank but his eyes showed that he was gonna break any second. She didn't want to do it anymore, she closed her eyes as she took a shaky breath. She has to do it, its better than making him wait longer. If she waited longer he would only hurt more later on. She opened her eyes and faced him.

' i'm sorry Laxus, i wish i could love you like you love me but i can not. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that i hurt you, that i'm hurting you. But i have to do this, not just for me but for you as well. I'm sorry but i do not love you Laxus.' The pain in his eyes were very evident.
' i understand Lucy, you don't have to apologise' he said in a calm tone, he had a blank expression on his face. Before anything more could be said the blonde haired male turned away. For a split second his face flashed with a look of pain.
' is that all?' He asked his voice not sounding so calm. He coughed to clear his throat. Lucy flinched at the sound, she could tell that he was struggling against the tears. The long haired girl wanted to say so much but instead she answered his question

' yes' Her voice shook a lot, she wanted to apologise a million times but she held back knowing that it wasn't going to help at all. Laxus nodded his head as he started to walk away from the dormitory.
' i'll be home late, so theres no need to cook me dinner' Lucy stood there watching as his figure grew smaller and smaller. She had broken his heart.

Back to the Present time~
The ringing of her phone broke Lucy out of her memory, she was glad for it. The blonde haired girl sat up as she grabbed her phone from beside her. She looked at the number of the person calling her, it was Virgo.
It was very rare that Virgo or anyone from the estate rung her. It must be important if she called her.
' hello Virgo' she said as she put the phone to her ear.
' hello princess, how have you been?' The pink haired girl asked from over the phone.
' i've been good virgo, now how come you called?' She asked as she yawned.
' ah there is an important ball this Friday, as the heir of the Heartfilia company, you must attend. If you wish you can bring a plus one with you. Is it punishment time now Princess?' Lucy rubbed her forehead. She knew that she had no option but to attend. If she wanted to keep her estate she had to go.

' okay i understand virgo. Also no it is not punishment time.' The blonde haired girl threw herself back down with a sigh. Not only did Lucy hate balls, she hated that she had to tell Gray that she was now busy on Friday so she would not be able to go on their date he had been planning.
' okay Princess, that is all. I must be going now. I will see you during the day on Friday.' The pink haired girl said before hanging up the phone. The brown eyed girl sighed as she placed her phone down. Thats when an idea came to mind. She could take Gray with her to the ball, she had to make sure it was okay with him first though. Lucy slipped out of her bedroom and headed to Gray's. She knocked on his door hoping that he hadn't been asleep. She heard his bed springs creak before hearing his footsteps approach the door.

The black haired boy opened the door and of course he was only in his boxers. She tried her hardest to ignore this and looked Gray in the eyes before speaking.
' i'm sorry if your upset but something turned up on Friday so I can't attend your original date but you can come with me. If you want that is, be warned though its a ball so its pretty boring, if you don't want to come with me, we can make our date on another day.' The long haired girl said before waitkng for a response.

' its fine, i want to attend the ball with you.' He said not hestitating in his answer.
' are yous sure?,its not going to be that enjoyable.' The raven haired boy smiled.
' yes i'm sure' Lucy smiled as well, the two said their goodnights and the blonde went back up to her room.
Once in bed she closed her eyes, thinking of what tomorrow was going to be like.

A/N: I actually got a update on time!!. Anyway the next chapter will be cute, well to most people it will be. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, i also hope you all are having a great day/night. I'll see you in the next chapter, bye!
Ps the dates below are australian so basically im like hours ahead of you so of most of you, its published on the 9th.

Date written: 10/7/17
Date published: 15/7/17
Date edited: 31/12/17
Next Chapter: Dinner date