Chapter 18: The girl and the river

' hey, we should go out for breakfast then explore the town before we have to leave' Mirajane suggested as everyone entered the main, Lucy Heartfilia was wearing a baby blue top and dark blue skinny jeans. Everyone nodded before slipping on their shoes and heading out. They decided to walk to the town since it was such a nice day out. The cafe they went to was a nice, and relaxing one, there were not many people inside though.

Laxus was wearing his jacket, Natsu was wearing his scarf and Gray was back to wearing his cross necklace. Lucy had returned their things to them in the morning before they woke up, she left them at their door. Surprisingly none of them said anything about their missing things. Did they know that it was her that had taken them? The blonde suspected they did.

Lucy ordered eggs, bacon and toast while the others ordered what they usually did when they went out. Everyone chatted among themselves while Lucy looked around the cafè. She noticed two men in their mid thirties, in front of them were two newspapers. Besides them and two other people the cafe was pretty empty. The dream that Lucy had the night before came to her mind suddenly.

Lucy's dream
Bang
A loud crashing noise was heard, and Lucy could feel herself being tossed around, it seemed like a few minutes had only passed when lucy opened her eyes. It was dark in the car. There was only a bit of sunlight peaking through. There was barely anything she could see. One of the things she saw though was...
Blood.
Everywhere.
It stained her small arms, it stained the bottom of the car and it stained the pink and white dress she was wearing.

Slowly the younger Lucy's eyes adjusted to the darkness she saw bodies laying on the bottom of the car. She couldn't tell whose it was or how many there were. The younger Lucy tried to speak but the words got lost in her throat. Lucy closed her eyes hoping that the horrible sight in front of her would go away.
' Y..Cy..Lucy..Lucy!' A familiar voice called out, her eyelids were heavy, she tried to open them but they refused to budge.

' Help!, someone please help her!' The familiar voice shouted sounding very distant she could barely hear them. She could feel the person's hand on her arm though, she could feel them shaking Lucy as if they were trying to wake her up. Lucy was still awake, barely though. The younger Lucy could barely hear the persons pleas and cries for help. Lucy was fading away. Soon she couldn't even feel the person's warm hand on her arm, then Lucy woke up.

' Oi Luce are you there?' Lucy was snapped back to the presant time. She saw Natsu waving a hand in front of her face, she blinked before replying to the salmon haired boy
' yeah, sorry i was lost in thought, what were you saying?' She asked putting on a smile even though she didn't feel much like smiling. The dream she had kept replaying in her head, she ignored it though and listened to what Natsu was saying.

' i said that we should probably be heading off now if we want to explore the town' lucy nodded as she stood up along with the others. They went to many stores and brought all different things like clothes, food and even a snow globe. Lucy managed to get the guys to carry her stuff while she walked along the edge of a pond.

' careful, Lu-chan, you might fall in' Her blue haired friend warned her.
' i will be Levy' she replied as she focused.
' hey blondie, can we go back now my feet are killing me' Sting whined as usual. Lucy rolled her eyes in response.
' we still have sone more shopping to do' she said as she turned her head towards him.
' but i'm tired and hungry~' he whined, she continued to walk as she turned her head to talk to him.

' we didn't eat that long ago, surely you can't be hun- arghh' Lucy tripped on her uneven piece and ended up going backwards into the pond. Cold water drenched her whole backside, she was frozen for a few seconds before realising. She quickly stood up and she heard most of the guys laughing. She sent them a death glare which shut them up. She shivered as the cold wind blew against her. Her cheeks were warm though, from the blush creeping up them.
' now we have to go home' Sting said and she shot him a glare before muttering curse words under her breath.