Chapter 32: Christmas time

Lucy Heartfilia let out a small chuckle as she watched the others sit down in a circle around the Christmas tree they had put up a few nights ago. Sting and Natsu of course had the biggest smiles on their faces. Lucy took her seat inbetween Lyon and Gray, she had a nice warm chocolate in her hands. There were many presents under the tree, everyone had gotten each other gifts.
' lets grab one of our presents each and unwrap them together.' The blonde haired girl suggested as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. The others all agreed with her.

Lucy's first gift was a few cooking books which was from Jellal. Her next gift was a dream catcher which was from Rogue, the next one was a snow globe which was from Lyon, she also recieved a different snow globe from Gray. She recieved a guitar pick from Gajeel and a key with the symbol of the star sign Leo. She got a lightning bolt necklace from Laxus and a red amulet from Natsu. There was still a small wrapped up box underneath the tree with Lucy's name on it. Curiously she picked it up.

' its from all of us' Rogue said with a small smile on his face. Everyone else face's mimicked his.
Lucy smiled in response before wrapping it. The box was velvet red, the blonde looked at the others before opening up the box. A silver chain bracelet with all different charms sat neatly in the box, she picked it up and examined it closer. There were nine charms on it. The charms were a fire, a lightning bolt, a star, a key, a snow ball, a snow flake, a guitar, a sun and a moon. ( i will tell in order whose charm was whose. Natsu, Laxus, Jellal, Loke, Gray, Lyon, Gajeel, Sting and Rogue.)

There was also the symbol of the fairy with a tail on it. A month or so ago, Lucy and the others all got tattoos of the same symbol, it was to symbol their friendship with each other. The brown eyed girl looked up with tears in her eyes.
' thank you' she said as she gave them a closed eye smile. Without even opening her eyes she could tell that they were all smiling. Lucy truly loved them all.

' come on, lets not let these snow boards go to waste.' The salmon haired boy yelled to others with a smile on his face as he ran outside. Everyone was holding a snow board of their own in there arms. Gray and Sting both ran forward to see who could beat Natsu in a race. That left Lucy with Lyon, Jellal and Rogue who had no interest in versing against the three idiots who would no doubt get hurt.

' come on, lets go have some fun' Lucy said as she headed to the machine that would take them up to the top of the hill.
Rogue and Jellal followed her but Lyon hestitated. After a few seconds Lucy realised this and turned back around.
' you coming Lyon?' She was confused as to why he hadn't moved. Lyon diverted his gaze away and shook his head no before turning around and walking away from the three of them. Lucy's expression softened, she turned towards the other two.

' you guys go on ahead, i'm going to go see whats wrong with Lyon, i promise i'll hang out with you's soon.' The blonde rushed off to catch up with the white haired boy.
'hey wait up!' She called out to him but he mustn't have heard her. When she got close to him, she called out to him again, this time he turned around surprised. Lucy tried to put a stop to her legs but she wasn't quick enough because she ran into him. Both of them went tumbling to the ground. The blonde haired girl had landed on top of the white haired boy.

' s-sorry, i was meant to stop' The brown eyed girl said as she pushed herself up a bit. She wasn't fully off of him, but most of her weight wasn't against him. Her arms and knees were what keeping her up. Lucy's blonde hair fell down and blocked the view of the two's faces. Lyon's face was close to hers, the two of them looked each other in the eyes. The words Lucy was going to say got stuck in her throat, her heart started beating faster as her face heated up despite the snow underneath them. One of Lyon's gloved hands rested against Lucy's cheek and finally Lyon spoke.

' are you okay?' He asked and lucy replied by nodding.
' thats good' he said before hestitantly letting his hand fall back to his side. The brown eyed girl blushed as she stood back up.
' how come you walked off? Is something wrong?' She asked him as he stood up. He answered as he brushed the snow off of his jacket.
' it's nothing' he was clearly lying though.

' your lying, look you don't have to tell me if you really don't want to.' There was a small trace of sadness in the blonde's voice. Lyon hestitated for a second.
' I don't know how to snowboard' he muttered softly but Lucy still heard him. She grabbed his gloved hands into her own. He looked up to stare at her.

'i can teach you how to'
' are you sure?, wouldn't you rather snow board with the others.' He asked and Lucy shook her head.

' i can hang with them later, now come on, lets get started.'
They spend two hours together, Lyon tried his hardest and by the end of those hours he was a pro at it.

After lunch Natsu proposed the idea of versing each other to everyone. Jellal was the first person who lost, then it was Gray, then Sting, then Natsu than Lyon. Now they were down to the two finalist. Rogue and Lucy stood on top of the highest hill. The others were all down below, they all looked like tiny little specs from all the way up on top of the hill.

' You ready Lu?' The black haired boy asked from beside her, his hair was tied up into a pony tail. Lucy smiled nervously as she looked from him to the bottom of the hill.
' as ready as i ever will be, i guess' the brown eyed girl said as she let out a small sigh.
' ready' Rogue said getting into position as did Lucy.
' set' The blonde focused on the bottom of the hill.
' Go!'

They were off. Lucy's blonde hair was pushed behind her as she sped down the hill. The wind howled in her ears loudly, so Lucy couldn't hear much of what was going on around her. The blonde haired girl paid no attention to where Rogue was she just stayed focused on the bottom. After a few minutes she was near the bottom of the hill, she could see all her friends cheering. She was so close to the end just a few more seconds. She slowed down once she passed the finish line. She saw that she had beaten Rogue but not by much. The blonde smiled a big smile at the black haired boy.

' i won! I beat you' she cheered excitedly, he smiled down at her. He was now standing right in front of her.
' yes you did, good job Lu' Rogue said before leaning down, Lucy felt his warm lips touch her forehead, they stayed there for a second before he moved away. The dark eyed boy had a smile on his face as he ruffled the blushing girl's blonde hair. He walked past her to go talk to the others. Natsu was sending him a death glare while Sting had a conflicted look on his face. He didn't care though because he loved her, he loved Lucy so much that he wasn't going to give her up till the very end. Sting silently apologised to Rogue in his head as did Rogue to Sting

A/N: Ahhh so cute! Im sorry for those who don't ship Lucy with either but i need to give some ships more moments which i will be focusing on. Anyway i hope you all enjoyed the chapter. I will see you in the next chapter, bye! ❤️. Remember to stay safe.

Written: 2/7/17
Date published: 10/7/17
Date edited: 31/12/17
Next chapter: The break of a heart