Chapter 22: Gravestones

Lucy Heartfilia held the pink flowers in her arms as she walked through the huge garden. It had been an hour since she arrived back home, she had put her bag in her old room that hadn't changed one bit since she was last here. Lucy was able to see Aquarious again, the lady who taught her everyday when she was young, Virgo was one of the maids, Capricorn was her driver, Taurus, scorpio and cancer were her butlers and Pisces was one of her cooks. She had bonded with them all over the years she stayed there.

' Don't expect me to welcome you back with a hug brat' Aquarious had said has soon as the blonde haired girl walked through the door. Aquarious had long blue hair, she always wore a pink blouse and a long flowing light blue skirt. She had a golden head band that kept her hair out of her eyes. Lucy had cracked a small smile at the blue haired lady.

' i missed you too Aquarious' she had said in reply before saying hello to everyone else. Lucy didn't recall having any friends when she was younger, all she had was her family and the people that worked at the mansion. It still got pretty lonely not being able to play with kids her own age. It was even lonelier when her family died because then she was all alone in this world.

The blonde haired girl stopped in front of the gravestones, all were engraved with their names, their birthdays and the days they died. A dark spot dropped onto the grave as she bent down, then another. She looked up at the sky to see if it was going to rain, the sky was a bright blue colour with little to no white clouds floating across. Lucy touched her face with a few fingers, she felt wetness on them. She was crying. The brown eyed girl fell to her knees, with a shaking hand she laid the pink flowers on the closest grave before reading it

Layla Heartfilia
A loving wife and a wonderful mother
XX/XX/XXXX - X777

Pain shot through her heart, she missed her mother lots, she had lost her mother when she was still young. That left her alone with a grief stricken father who took his anger out on her. She still loved her father though, she still remembered what he used to be like before her mother died. Lucy held back a strangled sob before touching her mothers name. She was hoping that it would make her feel better but it didn't, not one bit. After a few minutes Lucy stood up and moved onto the next gravestone. She kneeled down as she brushed away the dirt, surprisingly her mothers grave only had a little dirt on it. She looked at the grave she was now kneeling at.

Jude Heartfilia
Best Business Man, Best Husband and Best Father.
XX/XX/XXXX - XXXX

Jude wasn't the best father but he was an okay one, at the start and near the very end he tried, he really did. Lucy knew what pain did to people, how death changed people. Everyone has a different way of handling things. The blonde haired girl knew that her father loved her and her family, he just went downhill at one point. This time Lucy let out a sob that she was holding in. With a trembling hand she put it on the gravestone, it felt cold under her fingers. She stayed at her fathers grave longer before standing up. Tears still rolled down her cheeks and onto the ground where it evaporated only moments later. Lucy tried to swallow the lump in her throat as she took a few steps to the right. This was always the hardest part. Having to see the last grave. Slowly the blonde haired girl lowered herself to the ground. The grave had no dirt on it at all. Lucy let out strangled breaths as she tried to stop herself from crying. The wind pushed Lucy's hair to the side. She stood crying in front of her sister's grave.

Sting's p.o.v
The blonde haired male arrived at a huge mansion. He slowed down to a stop when he reached the entrance. This is the address that Mirajane had given him, did she muck it up? There's only one way to find out, he thought to himself as he leaned the bike against the wall. He walked up the steps to get to the door. He hestitated before knocking, if he was wrong about the address it would be quite embarrassing. He took a deep breath before ringing the door bell. It chimed loud enough for him to be able to hear it from outside. He held his breath as he waited and waited. Finally the door swung open. Revealing a short pink haired lady wearing a maids outfit, she must be one of the maids that worked at the mansion.
' how can i help you sir?' She asked polietly as she stood there waiting patiently.
' i'm looking for my friend, Lucy Heartfilia. I've come to take her home.' He said hoping that this was the right house.
' i'll tell you where she is when you tell me your name, I recognise you from somewhere' her words confused Sting but he answered her question
' My name is Sting, Sting Eucliffe' Recognition showed in her eyes and she smiled a small smile.
' It's been awhile Sting, the last time i saw you, you were only a young kid, where are the others?' She asked which confused Sting even more, he had never met this maid before so what could she be talking about.
' i'm sorry but i've never met you in my life' he said before continuing.
' anyway where is Lucy?' He asked wanting answers. He watched as the maids face sadden.
' she's down at the graves, today is the anniversary' Sting couldn't stop himself from questioning further.