Chapter 31: Promise

Lucy Heartfilia opened her brown eyes to find herself laying in a bed with a killer headache, she groaned as she attempted to sit up. The blonde was unable to because of two pairs of arms pinning her down. Fear spiked through her body before she turned to look to her right. She calmed down instantly when she saw it was Lyon. On her left it was Jellal, both of them were asleep. There was no one else in the room. Wanting to sit up, Lucy gently grabbed Jellal's arm and moved it. His eyelids fluttered open. The two met eyes and Jellal smiled a tiny smile.

' what happened?' She asked as she put her free hand onto her head which was throbbing painfully.
' the kidnappers had tried to take you but the others came to your rescue, by then though you had been knocked out. The police helped us and now the two men are in jail, they won't be going anywhere near you. You don't have to be scared anymore' With the words he said, she remembered what had happened. Her eyes filled with tears. These weren't tears of sadness though. These were tears of happiness. She no longer had to be worried about if someone was watching her everywhere she moved. She smiled at jellal as her eyes filled with tears before she spoke just above a whisper.
' i'm so happy.'

Time skip~ brought to you by a singing gajeel
No one's p.o.v
' Flame brain don't eat the gingerbread men, they are for tomorrow!' Gray yelled from where he stood mixing the icing of the cookies. The salmon haired boy had already eaten two of the gingerbread men.
School was out, tomorrow was Christmas. Snowflakes were gracefully falling down in a slow matter. Most of dorm T had gone to a cabin in the snowy mountains for Christmas. Loke, Gajeel and Laxus had gone to see family for Christmas. Gray and Lyon had been planning on going but there family cancelled on the two. The two boys had been sad but one look at Lucy and they were smiling. She had that effect on them.

Currently Natsu, Gray, Lyon, Rogue and Jellal were cooped up in the kitchen of the cabin attempting to cook cookies while Lucy was out food shopping with Sting. The kitchen was a mess, thats saying it nicely. There was flour everywhere, eggs splattered around, milk spills on the floor, there was loads of things everywhere actually. Least the gingerbread men had come out nicely.

' How about this one blondie?' Sting was holding up a jam and cream cake. Lucy looked at him over her shoulder.
' that one looks good, put it in the cart Spikey.' She said with a smile before looking for what she needed. They had lots of food, decorations and other things in the cart. Lucy stepped onto her tippy toes to try and grab a party streamer pack but it was just out of reach. Suddenly she felt a warm body press against her before seeing a different hand grab it. Blush covered her cheeks, she knew it was Sting. It was only a second later that he stepped back, he had a cheeky grin on his face as he held the packet in his hand. He had known that it would make her blush.

' come on baka, we should pay for this and leave before the bus leaves without us.' Lucy said ignoring his smile. She turned and started walking off, the blonde haired girl heard the male laugh before he rushed to catch up. The two paid for the shopping before heading out into the cold.

' so what did you get me for Christmas blondie?' Sting asked as the two reached the bus stop.
' you'll just have to wait and see' Lucy said in reply as she wrapped her arms around herself.
The blonde haired male groaned in response before talking.
' but i wanna know now' he whines with a pout on his face.
' you'll live' she said chuckling in response.
"Also you look cute when you pout" The blonde haired girl winked causing the male to grow a bit flustered, he smirked though and grabbed onto her hand before pinning her to the wall of the bus stop. Lucy's face automatically went extremely red. He leaned down towards her until his ear was right next to her ear.
"You look cute when you blush" His warm breath tickled her a slight bit, she didn't think her face could grow any redder but it did. He pulled away and sent a wink her way, she bit her lip to contain her smile.
Before anything more could be said, the two of them saw the bus heading towards them. The bus ride back to the cabins wasn't a long one which was good.