Chapter 28: i'm sorry for

Lucy Heartfilia could hear a beeping noise, every second it would give a short beep. She stayed laying down with her eyes closed as she tried to figure out where the beeping noise was coming from. After a few minutes of being unable to figure it out, she slowly opened her eyes.

The first thing she saw was the plain white roof, then the smell of cleaning products hit her nose. The beeping noise was still going off. The blonde haired girl looked to her right to see a heart monitor beeping away. She looked around as she tried to figure out where she was. She quickly came to the conclusion that she was in hospital. The brown eyed girl pushed herself up into a sitting position. A nurse walked in only seconds later, she was surprised to see that Lucy was awake, she smiled at her though.

' oh dear, you must be very confused as to why you woke up in the hospital' the nurse said as she walked toward her.
Lucy nodded her head at the nurse.
' from what your friends have told me, you passed out in your room and didn't breath for a few minutes, the reason why is that your lost memories started to reasurface because of an incident that happened beforehand. You should be fine to leave the hospital soon we are just going to make sure you are alright' The nurse chirped cheerfully with a smile on her face. The two stayed silent for a few minutes as the nurse checked her heart monitor.
' you have some great friends, they were all so worried about you, is one of them your boyfriend?'
Lucy's face went bright red, she shook her head quickly.

' oh, dear i think they like you alot' the nurse winked at Lucy which made her blush increase.
' A-are they here?' She stuttered out as she look down at the white bed sheets.
The blonde haired girl heard the nurse chuckle before hearing her reply.
' we didn't think you'd wake up for another hour so we sent them away to get themselves some lunch, they left only moments ago.' The nurse said clearly amused by Lucy's question.

After forty minutes Lucy was allowed off the bed, she was currently in the bathroom getting changed back into her clothes since she had been wearing the hospital gown. The blonde haired girl was nervous to see the others, especially Natsu. The brown eyed girl took a deep breath before stepping out of the small bathroom. As she approached the open door to her hospital room she heard the chatter of her friends, the noise made her freeze for a few seconds.

' Would you idiots behave yourselves for once?' Laxus growled at the others. For a second she had the idea of pretending to go lay back down and pretend to be asleep. She scolded herself for being such a coward.

The blonde haired girl's heart started beating faster as she took a step out of the room, than another and another before turning to face her friends. Gray, Natsu, Sting, Gajeel and Rogue looked like they were ready to fight each other, while the others looked annoyed. Jellal was the first one to spot Lucy standing there, than Levy,laxus, lyon and Loke.
' Lu-chan your awake!' The blue haired girl ran towards her before hugging her tightly, nearly knocking her off her feet.

The blonde haired girl hugged her back before replying.
' yep have been for awhile now' she said with a smile on her face as the two girls stopped hugging. The brown eyed girl took a silent, deep breath before turned to look at the boys who were standing there with surprised looks.
Lucy gave them a warm smile. The salmon haired boy was suddenly running towards her, he nearly knocked her over but the two managed to stay upright as they hugged. Natsu's grip on her was tight but nice and warm. She didn't say anything as she hugged him.

'i'm sorry' he mumbled into her ear.
' for what?' She replied with a tilt of her head in confusion.
' for yelling at you earlier and causing you to end up in hospital.' He pulled away from her a bit.
' Don't be sorry, i'm glad that I remember everything i had forgotten, all the memories we shared as a kid i finally have them back so don't be sorry ever' she smiled a huge smile before stepping away from him. At the corner of her eye she saw him smile a big smile.
' hey blondie, you could of texted us telling us that you were awake' Sting said slinging an arm over her shoulder he had his usual smirk on his face.

' i was busy talking to the nurses, they are really nice' she said looking over at the nurse that had talked to her first, she winked at Lucy before turning back to what she was doing.
' get your filthy arm off of Lucy' Rogue said appearing behind the two. Sting gasped before responding.
'your so mean to me Rogue!' Sting whined but didn't remove his arm.
' just get your arm off of her shoulder Sting' The black haired male sighed, Sting stuck out his tongue before replying.
' happy now?' He asked his best friend, who gave him no reply. Suddenly Sting slung Lucy over his shoulder.

The blonde haired girl squeeled in response.
' Sting!' Rogue barked out but Sting paid no attention to him as he took off with the blonde still over his shoulder.
' what? I did as you asked, i took my arm off of her shoulder' Sting was laughing his head off as he continued running. Lucy watched as the others boys took off after Sting.
' Spikey let me down' Lucy yelled at Sting as the ran down the stairs.
' I'm definitely not now that you called me Spikey' he said not slowing down his pace.
' you call me blondie all the time!'
' thats because your hair is blonde'
' and your hair is spikey' Sting snorted in response as he stepped down the last step.
' you've got me there blondie' he said slowing his pace a bit, he was running out of breath.
' your blonde too' she said and in response he laughed.
' the same response everytime' he said as he walked towards the exit doors.
' the same nickname everytime' she retorted trying to mimic his voice, his laugh bounced off the walls and echoed back to her ears making her heart beat faster. A smile permanently etched onto her face.

'Sting you are dead!' Rogue, Natsu and Gray called out at the same time. Lucy saw the three them with furious looks on their faces. Once The two blondes were outside Sting put her down before cracking his knuckles.
' bring it on' Sting wore his usual smirk on his face, like always the blonde haired girl rolled her eyes at his response.

' save the fighting for home, we are still outside of the hospital.' Laxus said grabbing Natsu and Gray by the necks. There was no one but gajeel to stop Rogue though. That was enough to stop him. All of them piled into the car before heading home.

Lucy had just stepped out of the car when Natsu spoke up.
' Luce can i talk to you for a sec?' he asked her, his cheeks were slightly red Lucy figured that it was just because of the cold.
' sure whats up Natsu?' She waited outside with the salmon haired boy as the others went inside the warm dormitory. She put her hands in the pockets of her jacket as the cold started to nip out them.

He walked up to her until he was only a foot away from her, she could feel the warmth radiating off of him.
He looked into her brown eyes before spekaing up.
' i'm sorry' he muttered as he rubbed his hands together.
' i already told you not to apologise, its fine really' she put one of her hands on his arm.
' i'm not apologising for that' he mumbled looking downwards momenterily.
' then what are you apologizing for?' She took her hand off of his warm arm, dropping it next to her body. The salmon haired boy looked back up at her, his dark eyes looked into hers. He brought to hands to her cheeks and cupped them. Lucy's heart starting beating like crazy.
' for this' he breathed out before leaning closer till their lips were touching.
Natsu Dragneel was kissing Lucy Heartfilia.

A/N: You'll have to wait till the next chapter to find out what happens ;)
Also the start of this took ages to write because i had writers block but then when i knew what i wanted to write it was easy and lots of fun to write especially near the end. The last chapter was late because it took ages to write this one. Also this one might also be late because i have a volleyball tournament like in two days and lots of tests so ill be super busy with that. Well i hope you all enjoyed the new chapter, i also hope you all are having a great day/night.
Until next time lovelies~
Date Written: 4/6/17
Date published: 10/6/17
Date edited: 30/12/17
Next chapter: Coward