Chapter 34: Dinner Date

Lucy Heartfilia had been told that her date with Jellal wouldn't start till later that afternoon, so that gave her a lot of free time while she waited. She was both nervous and excited about the date. The blue haired boy had told her to dress up in sort of fancy clothes. The blonde haired girl picked out a black dress with white ruffles and she curled her blonde hair before tying it up. Lucy wore a bit of makeup, of course she didn't go overboard with it. The brown eyed girl had just finished putting on her black heels when she heard a soft knock on her door. She smiled knowing it was Jellal, she slung her handbag over her shoulder before heading towards the door. She opened it revealing the blue haired boy who of course wore a black tuxedo. He revealed a handful of roses behind his back before speaking.

'You look beautiful Lucy' He said with a smile on his face. she smiled back at him.                               
'Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself.' She sent a wink in his direction. Jellal handed her the roses and she quickly put them in a vase before heading out with the blue haired boy. He led her to the car and opened the door for her before getting in himself.

They drove with soft music playing and idle chatter. When they arrived at their destination Jellal opened the blonde's door for her, she stepped out to see that they were at a fancy looking restaurant.                                          
'This way mademoiselle' The blue haired boy gently grabbed her hand before leading her inside. It looked even more fancy on the inside. Lucy felt a bit bad that Jellal was spending this much money on her, she tried her hardest to push that feeling aside. Jellal went up to the counter.

' do the two of you have reservations?' The guy asked as he looked at the two.
' yes its under Mr Fernedes and Miss Heartfilia.' Lucy looked at the blue boy from the corner of her eye. He had a grin on his face and his eyes sparkled with happiness. She smiled a small soft smile, he looked really handsome when he smiled like that. The man led the two of them to their seats before saying that a waiter would be with them in a moment. Jellal handed her a menu before looking through his own.

Lucy decided on lasagna and just a strawberry milkshake. When the waiter came over the blonde haired girl told him what she wanted while the blue haired boy ordered a stake and a spearmint thick shake.                    
'This is amazing Jellal, thank you' The brown haired girl said smiling at him.                                        
'I'm glad that you like it Lu' He said using his nickname for her. the two stayed sitting smiling at each other for a few more seconds.            

'Do you remember the nickname that i gave you?' Lucy asked with a small smirk on her face. She watched in amusement as Jellal grimaced in response before saying yes.                                       
' What's wrong blueberry don't like your nickname?' She asked using his nickname. she laughed when Jellal faked a grimace. They both knew that he didn't actually hate it.                                           
'Stop or i'll call you Blondie like Sting does all the time'  He threatened and Lucy smiled.                 
' okay i'll stop calling you blueberry, i'll call you jelly instead' She sent him a wink with a smirk on her face.    
'this is your second warning Lulu' The blonde haired girl laughed at his new nickname for her.   
' don't you dare Mr Fernedes.' She leaned her chin on her hands, her elbows were on the table. Jellal laughed in response before he could talk a waiter came by with their drinks.                

'okay you win this time Miss Heartfilia.' The blue haired boy said before taking a sip of his drink.  
' I'll win every time' she had a confident look on her face. The two talked a bit more before their food arrived. they both stayed quiet while they ate. The two were definitely full by the time they finished, neither of them finished their meals. Lucy headed outside while Jellal went up and paid for the dinner, Lucy insisted that she paid but Jellal refused.

Lucy regretted not bringing a jacket since it was cold outside. The blonde haired girl shivered as she waited outside. Immediately Jellal gave her his jacket when he got outside, she said thank you before snuggling into it. The two got into car and headed back to the school, they made it just in time before curfew. Once inside Lucy gave him back his jacket. She smiled at him before speaking. 

'Thank you for the amazing date Jellal' She said as she pushed a bit of stray hair behind her ear. He smiled back at her.                                                                                                                                               
'Your welcome, i guess i'll see you around Lu' He said as the two neared the stairs.                                ' 'goodnight Jellal' she headed up the stairs she faintly heard him say it back to her. Lucy went to her bathroom to wipe off her makeup before heading back to her room. Tiredly she took off her dress and changed into her pajamas. The blonde haired girl snuggled into her blankets. She fell asleep quickly that night. She wondered what tomorrow had in store for.

A/N: I am sooooo sorry for not posting, honestlu i just have had writers block but hopefully i will update reguarly, in exactly a week its my birthday, than on the friday after that is my dads wedding, than on saturday and sunday i have a volleyball tournament fun. I was originally going to just have two dates per chapter but i will probably just have one per chapter now, it depends on how creative i feel and whose date it is. Also i typed this on my laptop, on my laptop the o button doesn't work that well so apologies if their are some words missing an o, i will probably edit it though so it should be okay. Well I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I will see you in the next chapter

Written on the 3/9/17
Date published: 3/9/17
Date edited: 31/12/17
Next chapter: A fun day outside