Chapter 23: The past or just her imagination

A/n: we reached 500 votes on this story, im so happy. I'll probably upload this one early as well in celebration of that. Anyway now onto the story~

It had been a week since Sting found Lucy Heartfilia crying near the three graves, after the blonde haired girl explained what had happened in the past to the others who pretended they already didn't know, she had gone back to normal. Lucy was just about to leave with Jellal and Gray to get some more groceries since the guys had eaten most of them.

The blonde haired girl was wearing a white sleeveless top which had a blue heart in the middle, it was trimmed in gold, she wore a similar jacket over the top. She wore long blue gloves that reached passed her elbow, they had little gold ribbons. She was also wearing a black skirt with a brown belt with long black socks and brown boots. Jellal was wearing a black tanktop, dark blue jeans and a long blue cloak over the top. Gray on the other hand was wearing a long sleeved dark blue shirt and baggy black pants, he had a long white coat also over the top. It wasn't even that cold outside so Lucy didn't understand why they were wearing such warm clothing, especially Gray. The brown eyed girl didn't question them though.

The three said their goodbyes to the others before heading off. They chatted along the way about how it was nearly Christmas, which meant that it would soon also be Holidays. Lucy suggested that they all should stay at hers the days they weren't visiting family because it would be lonely staying in the dorm all alone during Christmas. Lucy knew that Sting, Gray, Laxus, Lyon and Rogue were visiting their relatives for a bit but they weren't staying with them all holidays, she also knew that Natsu wasn't since his father suddenly vanished one day. Lucy sympathised with the pink haired boy because her sister had vanished for a few weeks before being found...

The blonde haired girl took a deep breath as she willed herself not to cry. Lucy didn't know if Jellal, Loke and Gajeel were staying or not, she had no clue about their families, she didn't want to ask just in case something bad had happened. They were nearing town when Lucy spotted a car in the distance, she didn't know why it caught her attention but it had. It's windows were tinted a dark colour and it was just a plain black colour. As it drove past them Lucy saw a dark figure in it, it was a man all in black but she could see that he had blonde haired and a sadistic smile on his face, before she could see more it flew past them.

Lucy blinked maybe she had just been imagining his smile, she was sure that it meant nothing. Nothing happened while they shopped and the blonde soon relaxed. They didn't get much so Gray had it in his backpack, she had offered to carry some but he refused.

' i'll get us some drinks for the walk back, you's can start walking i'll catch up to you's, I won't be long' Jellal said as he walked off. The two nodded, Lucy was the first one to start moving after a few minutes, a hand on her arm forced her to stop. She turned slightly to look back at the raven haired boy who had his hand on her arm. He had a serious look on his face, he looked around a bit before speaking.
' I have a bad foreboding, don't go away from me' Lucy looked around too, she didn't see anyone suspicious around though but it was awfully quiet.

' should we wait for Jellal?' The blonde haired girl asked as she continued to scan the area, she could still very well feel Gray's hand on her arm.

' i think so' he replied before letting go of her arm. The two waited till they saw their blue haired friend, he looked confused when he saw them.
' you two didn't have to wait up for me' Jellal said as he reached them, Gray explained and Jellals face turned serious.
' we should get back quickly then. Lets go' He started walking again and the other two followed him. They had just reached outside the town when they saw a car, specifically the black car from earlier, it was going slower this time, like it was creeping up on its pray.

' Guys, I don't trust that car, it passed us earlier and i thought i saw the guy smiling weirdly at me, theres just something off about that car' she explained quickly as the others peeled over the shoulders to look at the car, they nodded their heads in agreement. Jellal signalled that the three of them should run so that whats they did, the car sped up a bit. They continued to run even though their bodies were aching in protest.

The raven haired boy and the blue haired boy ran across the street, Lucy was a bit slower then them. Suddenly everything moved in slow motion, her foot caught on somethings and she slowly plummeted to the ground. The impact hurt her body, her ears were ringing. She let out a groan before sitting on her knees, she looked up to see the guys turn around to look at her. Pain shot theough her knee as she tried to stand, she succeeded in standing up though. The squeel of tires brought Lucy back to reality, her head whipped to the side to see the black car heading straight for her. Suddenly she wasn't there anymore.

She could see a few kids with her as she sat in a car, she looked down at her hands to see they were small, she looked around, then she heard the squeel of tires and out the window a small truck was headed straight for them.

She blinked and everything was in slow motion she was also back to the presant time. The black car was still headed straight towards her. She could smell heavy smoke, it was apart of her imagination though, she could taste a metalic taste in her mouth, blood. She wasn't bleeding though. Blood, there was blood everywhere.
' Lucy, please open your eyes!' A young girls voice shouted , Mavis?
' Lucy!, move!' A boys voice shouted this time. Jellal? Gray?
The black car was about to hit her

A/N im going to leave it there ~
Just kidding!, im not that mean!
Keep strolling down~

Suddenly she was tackled to the ground, someone hugged her close to them as they both went rolling. Lucy could feel her body getting scatches and bruises. The blonde haired girl opened her eyes that she hadn't even realised that she had shut them. The brown eyed girl looked up at her rescuer, it was Jellal, he pushed himself away a bit to look at her. His eyes were full of worry. Suddenly they glassed over, it was like he wasn't there, like he was remembering something. Lucy was to stunned to say anything.

A few moments later Gray ran over seeing that the threat was gone, she was surprised that it hadn't turned back around and run them over. Jellal blinked as he came back to reality, his eyes showed recognition.
' L-lucy' he muttered looking into her brown eyes before snapping out of his confused state. He pushed himself away from her, she sat up as Gray kneeled next to her.
' are you alright Lucy?' He asked her quickly. She nodded her head, she would be fine, she only had a few grazes on her body, she was lucky to be alive and it was all thanks to Jellal who had saved her.

After sitting down a bit the three got back up and started to walk home. The person in the car never turned back around and they didn't see them again. The blonde haired girl was still very confused, why were people after her? What did they want from her? What was that back there? Was the car crash when she was younger just her imagination or was it the past that she couldn't remember?

A/N: okay now i'll leave it there. there is only one person left out of the boys that hasn't remembered and we all know who that is, hehe, you'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next few chapters to find out what triggers his lost memories of her, what will he do when he finds out? And when will Lucy finally remember them all. Also whose the mysterious person that nearly ran them over? Also i'd like to say something real quick , Please stay safe all of you, if your going out make sure its with a friend. You never know what can happen, i've heard alot of kidnapping stories, if your going out partying be extra careful. Just please be responsible. Also do not download and definitely do not play the app called blue whale. Until next time lovelies~

Date written: 29/4/17
Date published: 6/5/17
Date edited: 30/12/17
Next chapter: This day just gets worse