Chapter 42: A web of lies untangles (new chapter)

7 chapters left
{a web of lies finally comes tumbling down}

Lyon's p.o.v
The white haired male tried to fully process everything that they had all just been told. It was hard to believe that Mavis was even alive to begin with. Her body was supposed to have been burnt, barely recognisable but yet, here she was, standing in front of them, perfectly intact. Jellal had disappeared up to Lucy's room with Mavis to go get clothes for her to change into since she was drenched. For all these years she had been alive, Lyon couldn't even imagine what Lucy's expression would be when she found this out.

Lyon's eyes wondered over to the others who only consisted of Natsu. Laxus went to his room to order pizza for dinner since none of them had eaten, Loke and Gajeel went to go have showers. Sting and Rogue went to go discuss something in the other room. Lyon looked at the salmon haired boy who was still tied to a pole he made no move to break out of it, he sat silently thinking to himself.

He had a look that Lyon had never seen in his face, he couldn't identify it because it was a mix of many emotions, anger, confusion, pain, sadness and more. Who could blame him, while he received good news about Mavis being alive he also received bad news. Through the silence of the room, Lyon could faintly hear hushed whispers from Rogue and Sting, the faint putter patter of the rain outside and footsteps coming down the stairs.

Seconds later Mavis and Jellal both entered the room, Mavis now wore a long black dress with white ruffles, she had her bow dry hair in two pigtails, they really showed off the waviness of her hair. She looked like she was deep in thought as she sat down onto the couch, Lyon didn't know what to say to her anyway. It was clear that she didn't know what to say to anyone either because she remained quiet with a distant look on her face.

It was the sound of the front door opening that broke the long silence, everyone's heads snapped towards the entrance to the lounge room as they heard slow footsteps approach them. Lyon slowly rose to his feet preparing himself for whoever had just entered, he walked closer to the entrance. His heart had picked up speed as he awaited to see who it was, everyone else was rooted to their spots, unable to move. Lyon saw his spiky raven hair first before seeing the devastated look in his dark eyes.

"Gray!" Lyon had just managed to catch Gray as he plummeted to the ground. The white haired male half carried half dragged him to the couch. The male was mumbling things under his breath, he spoke too softly for anyone to hear.

" what happened Gray?" He searched for any wounds on his friend, he couldn't see any, he was just completely soaked from the rain. Lyon saw Gray reach into his jacket pocket, he pulled out a folded piece of paper, it was bright yellow.

"I'm sorry" Gray broke down crying, Lyon had only seen the raven haired boy cry only a few times before and that was when he was young. With one hand he covered his eyes to hide the fact but the tears streaming down his face was still very see able. Gray held out the paper with his free hand, Lyon hesitated before taking the paper out of his hand. Slowly he unfolded it just as the others all finally piled back into the room.

The white haired boys heart plummeted to the ground, his hopes sank and fear really began to sink in. He looked up at the others before speaking.
" they got her"

Lucy's p.o.v
Her voice was horse, she had screamed and shouted so many times but it seemed that no one was listening even though Jackal and the other guy were there. The other guy never spoke just watched her get beaten, doing nothing to stop it or help.