Chapter 29: coward

Lucy Heartfilia laid on her bed looking up at the roof. Unconsciously her hand moved to touch her lips where she still could feel the warmth from Natsu's kiss. She felt herself flinch at the memory and she let her hand fall back beside her. The blonde haired girl was still trying to wrap her head around what just happened. A lot had happened. Her heart was still beating wildly.

20 minutes earlier~ Natsu's p.o.v
The kiss only lasted a few seconds before the salmon haired boy pulled away, he saw that the Blonde haired girl's eyes were as wide as dinner plates. Natsu wondered what was going through her head right now, before he could ask the loud bang of the front door caught both their attention. A very pissed off Sting and Gray stood there, Natsu could see the others behind them looking not so happy either. He knew immediately that they had seen Natsu kiss Lucy.

The blonde haired girl still stood frozen on the spot.
' Natsu, i'll murder you' Sting yelled as he stomped on over. Natsu tensed up as Sting grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

' Bring it on Sting, you know i will fight for Luce' The dark eyed boy replied as he grabbed the blonde haired boys hands that were still clenched around his collar. (I'm fangirling lol XD)

' How could you Jerk?! You knew I and the others have feelings for Lucy!' Sting yelled as he punched the salmon haired boy in the face. Natsu growled and tried to throw a punch back.
' Then you should have made a move, did you really expect me to hold back my feelings till you were all ready to confess!?' Natsu landed a punch in Sting's gut.

' You could have just told her your feelings! You kissed her without her permission' The blonde said as he glared daggers at Natsu and prepared to hit him again.

' maybe you should have stopped being a coward then you would have beaten me to it' Natsu landed a punch on Sting, the two were about to fully stop talking when Laxus cut in.
' You two are so dumb! Stop fighting for two seconds and realise what you's have freaking said!'
Laxus had one hand on Natsu's shoulder and the other on Sting's shoulder, he was standing in the middle of them so that they couldn't throw punches at each other. The salmon haired boy turned to look at Lucy who was still standing there. All colour had left her face, her skin was so pale. A few tears were dripping down her face, she didn't seem to be aware of it though. She was looking at everyone who were all glaring at each other. They liked the same girl and none of them were willing to let her go. Natsu doubted that any of them were really friends anymore. Lucy knew that, the look on her face said it all.

'L-lucy' Sting muttered out as he took a step toward her, she flinched as she snapped back to reality.
' T-this is my fault' she said barely able to be heard by the others, before running past us all into the house, they all watched her go. Moments later the boys heard the slam of her door. Natsu turned his glare onto the others.
' i'm not going to give her up' he growled as he stepped away from Sting.
' Me neither' Gray said cracking his knuckles, for once he had clothes on.
' Bring it on' Sting said sending death glares to the two males.
Any friendship they had was gone.

Back to present time~ Lucy's p.o.v
How? How did she get herself into this mess? What would she do now? Who did she like the most? It was hard to tell, she liked them all, she didn't know that she had even loved them till minutes ago. The blonde haired girl couldn't get rid of that nagging thought that it was all her fault. They hated each other now, all of them did. The brown eyed girl felt like hiding in her room for the rest of her life but she knew that at one point she would have to come out and face their feelings. Suddenly Lucy could hear Gajeel on the phone, she could just make out what he was saying.

' those idiots screwed up' gajeel said before pausing before hearing the person's response.
' she's locked up in her room' he said and Lucy knew that he was talking about her.
' thanks Shrimp, i'm sure she'd want to talk to you' Gajeel said letting out a low chuckle. He was talking to Levy.
' i'll see you soon then' Lucy stood up, she didn't want to talk to anyone, not yet. The blonde haired girl grabbed her coat. ( picture of outfit above) She put her phone in her back pocket before checking to make sure no one was outside.

Lucy threw open her window before silently climbing out , she carefully climbed onto the tree that was near her bedroom window. She climbed down it as silently as she could. She waited for a few seconds. She didn't hear anyone coming outside so she assumed she was safe. The brown eyed girl quickly walked away from the dorm she made sure that she didn't run into Levy who was going to come over to her dormitory. Lucy found herself at an abandoned park, she sat down on one of the many empty park seats. The cool breeze blew her hair to the side gently. Lucy's brown eyes skimmed the park as her thoughts raced around in her head. Her eyes landed on a set of swings. They were the same ones that she had gone to the day after Hibiki broke up with her, Sting and Rogue had both consoled her there.

Lucy smiled sadly as she looked at the swings. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and Lucy fished it out. It was a text from an unknown number.
' hey its Rufus, if my memory serves me right Rogue and Sting gave me your number the other day' before Lucy could reply she recieved another one.
' i just wanted to let you know thst everyone is ready for the plan to capture your stalkers, i'm sure it will make a great memory'
Lucy texted him back
L: 'what plan?'
R: 'did no one tell you the plan?'
L: ' no, one has told me'
The blonde haired girl waited for a reply she soon recieved one telling her the plan. Lucy's eyes watered. They had all worked hard together thinking of a way to keep her safe. They really cared about her.
And all she had done in response to their feelings was run away.

She was a coward. Earlier The blonde haired girl's phone rung over and over again but she couldn't pick it up because she was a coward. Everyone's probably looking for her, they are worried about her. The brown eyed girl quickly wiped away her tears as she stood up, she was going to go back and face their feelings head on. She was going to be truthful with them.

' Lucy!' Many voices shouted from behind her. She turned to look behind her. Running up to her was all the boys from her dormitory. Tears slipped out of her eyes, she stayed rooted on the spot even though she wanted to run. As the boys reached her she told them the truth. That she couldn't pick between them, not yet. That she didn't want them to fight over her and ruin their friendships with each other. That she loved them all. That she was sorry for running away and worrying them. After all the tears they all went home, it was a bit uncomfortable but it would go back to normal soon.

A/n: haha you all thought that Lucy would be like i love you too Natsu. You were wrong. Also im no where near finished with this story. Anyway i wrote this in like one day, i could have ended this in many ways but i decided to just end it like this. Anyway i hope you all enjoyed. I hope you all are having a great day/night. I forgot to say that on the last chapter someone commented something that made me laugh so much, i replied to them saying this to haha, anyway Until next time lovelies

Date Written: 10/6/17
Date published: 17/6/17
Date edited: 30/12/17
Next chapter: plan in action