Chapter 35: ' i will always catch you'

' outdoor clothes?' Lucy Heartfilia muttered to herself as she looked into her wardrobe. Rogue had told her to dress in clothes that would be suitable for outdoors. The blonde haired girl had been trying to decided what to wear for a little bit now, she finally picked out a pair of light blue shorts and a sleeveless pink shirt that had black horizontal stripes. She wore black and white sneakers instead of her usual sandals or heels. The brown eyed girl wondered what she would be doing today on her date, just what did Rogue have planned.

Half an hour later there was a knock on her door, Lucy took a quick breath before opening it to reveal exactly who she thought it would be. She smiled at the black haired boy before stepping out of her room, she shut the door behind her. He smiled a small smile before leading the way. He led her out of the dorm and out of the schook gates. The two of them caught the bus to get to their destination, they then had to walk from the forest. Soon the blonde haired girl saw that they were now facing a small rocky mountain. There was equipment on the ground, there were ropes and other things.
' rock climbing ha?, I didn't expect this.' Lucy said letting out a small laugh as she smiled. That caused Rogue to smile as well.
' come here, i help you put this on.' The black haired male held up a harness. She obeyed and stepped closer, he stayed quiet as he focused on putting on all the things, it didn't take too long to do it.
' make sure to be careful where your climbing..' Rogue said for the tenth time, The brown eyed girl just laughed before replying.
' i know Rogue, you've said it like ten times, now lets get started!' She was excited to get started. He nodded a swift nod before starting to climb. Lucy started as well. The long haired girl could tell that he was going slow so that she would keep up with him. The two of them made idle chatter as they climbed.
' so when am i going to see frosch next?' Lucy asked as she pushed herself up, Rogue chuckled before replying.
' Frosch had been asking the same thing, i think he really likes you' The black haired male looked down towards her with a smile brightening up his face. The blonde haired girl could see the sweat glistening off of his forehead.

' to answer your question, hopefully in less than a week' He said before moving upwards.
' sounds good' she happily grabbed one of the holding points in the cliff and moving her foot to another one.
' we're nearly to the top' The red eyed male said to her as he wiped away some sweat from his forehead.
' i can see that' Lucy chuckled a small bit, her laughter grew as rogue rolled his eyes.
' i think you've been hanging around Sting too much' Rogue said causing the brown eyed girl  to laugh harder. She reached up to grab another holding point at the same time she moved her foot, suddenly the rock in her hand crumbled. Lucy only had time to let out a gasp before she started falling, she only fell for a second before a hand gripped tightly around her wrist keeping her from plummeting towards the ground. Lucy quickly got her hold back on the cliff wall, her heart was beating a hundred miles a minute. Carefully Rogue let go of her wrist. She stayed in place.

' you okay Lucy?' He asked softly as he looked at the blonde haired girl. She nodded her head before smiling.
' im okay now' she said reassuringly, he nodded before continuing up the cliff, she followed close behind.
' thank you Rogue for catching me' The brown eyed girl spoke softly as she looked up at the blacked haired male, he paused before looking down at her with a soft smile on his face.
' i will always catch you Lucy'

It only a few minutes later that Rogue helped her up onto the top of the cliff. She shot him a thankful smile as she stood up. Lucy brushed the dirt off of her clothes before paying her full attention to Rogue.
' So what do you have planned Mr Rockclimber?' She asked which caused the corner's of his mouth to turn upwards.
' well follow me and you'll see.'  The black haired male was busy fixing up his ponytail. Apparently the two weren't even at the top of the cliff they were close to it though.

Rogue led the long haired girl carefully through the trees, finally the reached the end of the trees and to the edge of the cliff. Lucy gasped in surprise when she saw a picnic set out, she took a step towards it to see the amazing view of the area below the cliff. The view was absolutely stunning. Lucy turned to her companion with a smile on her face.

' Rogue this is Amazing!' She said with happiness and excitement evident on her face.
A proud look came across Rogue's face which made her even happier. The blonde haired girl was the first one to sit down on the red checkered blanket. The black haired male was the first to get the food out, the two ate while happily chatting amongst each other. The two quickly lost track of time since they were having way to much fun spending time with each other.

' oh wow, its sunset already' Lucy said surprised as she stood up, her legs were a bit stiff from sitting down for so long.
' we should probably be getting back before it gets too dark and cold' Rogue said as he folded up the blanket and food before putting it back into his bag. The black haired male gently grabbed onto Lucy's hand.
' wouldnt want you to trip over' he said before leading her through the trees. Lucy's cheeks were burning red as she looked down at their entwined hands, his hand was so warm though. Getting down the cliff was alot easier than climbing up, since all they had to do was swing down. Of course Lucy was scared at first but Rogue helped her past it.

Soon they were home back where the atomsphere was tense. It brought Lucy back to reality that they boys were all competing against each to impress her the most, it brought her back to the reality that she would soon have to choose who she loved the most, there was no avoiding it. The blonde haired girl put on a smile before saying goodnight to Rogue, she headed back up to her room so that she could shower. The long haired girl had alot to think about that night.

A/n: i am so sorry for not posting. Also can we talk about how hot Rogue is with his hair in a pony tail like boi 😍😍 it is everything i ever wanted haha.

Date written: 3/9/17
Date published: 3/9/17
Date edited: 31/12/17
Next chapter: Emotional rise and a million times