Chapter 41: Unanswerable Questions

8 chapters left

{what you believe is the truth isn't always true}

Lucy's p.o.v
The blonde haired girl had awoken behind a set of bars, her mind was foggy as she did not know how she had ended up here. She looked around the dimly lit room as the memories slowly came back to her, her body started trembling in fear as her heart began to race. She had finally been caught after running for so long, she had though it had been over but it was no apparent that it hadn't been. She had an hour to herself trying to figure out fully why she was here and why they had chased her for so long. She had come to a conclusion of that they wanted her because she was the only heir left to the Heartfilia company, that was the only possible reason that she could come up with. Finally she heard footsteps coming down the stairs, she didn't know whether to be relieved or afraid so she chose neither and kept her face expressionless. She knew exactly what to be feeling when she saw who it was, it was the man that had captured, he was the reason she was here. She wanted to smack that stupid sly look off of his face, she wanted to scream and shout and cry her heart out but she kept it locked away.

"Oh look what we have here, a little birdie that has been locked up" The blonde male taunted the blonde had he approached her, she truly did feel like a bird caught in a cage and he was the cat on the outside taunting her. Lucy Heartfilia didn't try to hide her glare this time, she made it fairly obvious, in hopes that it would cause him to drop that smirk, when it didn't she decided to speak.

" stop taunting me, why did you bring me here? Why go to such lengths to get me? What is it exactly that you want from me?" The brown eyed girl had lost count of how many times she had asked herself those exact questions, she wanted answers now. Lucy was sick of feeling afraid and confused.

" ahh you want to get straight to the point? That's no fun" The straight blonde haired male stalked closer to the girl until he was at the cells door, Lucy didn't move just glared in his direction, he started to unlock it as he continued talking.

" well you see we just want to know some answers to some questions we have for you, all you have to do is answer them truthfully and if we are satisfied by your answers you are free to go." He started as he took a step inside the cage, for a second she was comforted until she saw the Malicious smirk grow as he continued to speak once more.

" but if you answer untruthfully or refuse to answer there will be heavy consequences, you'll wish that you had died long ago." Lucy couldn't help but flinch at his words, it was clearly exactly the reaction that he wanted from her and that disgusted her to the core.
Lucy looked past the blonde man to look fully at the guy behind him, for some reason he looked so strikingly similar to someone she knew but she couldn't put her finger on who. The brown eyed girl watched as the black haired male closed the cell's door behind him.

"Now Blonde, I believe that you have the right to know who I am since I was the person who brought you here, I was the only successful one." His razor teeth were visible as he smirked at her, he looked very proud with himself, to him she was just pray and he was the predator.

"The names Jackal, now don't go forgetting that name okay?' Jackal roughly grabbed her by the hair and forced her to look up at him, she winced before sending a death glare at him. He let go of her hair and she released the breath that she didn't even know she was holding.

" now, remember all you have to do is answer our questions truthfully."
" why drag me here just to ask me some questions, why not just approach me nicely?" The dark blonde grabbed her roughly by the chin.
" you see, I was just asked to bring you here and ask questions, you'll have to ask the mastermind behind this yourself. Now stop wasting my time."
" Where is Mavis Heartfilia?"

Laxus's p.o.v

Silence is not something that Laxus Dreyar was use to. The room was silent, the only sound they heard was the clock ticking away. Tick Tock.
They were waiting. They were waiting for Gray to finally pick up his phone, for him to text them back, for him to finally come back with Lucy by his side.

While Gray was out on his date, Laxus had gotten a call. A call that sent fear coursing through his veins, for once he was afraid.
It had been a call from the police.

They had told him what he already knew but yet it still scared him. He had hoped it had been some sick joke before but now it was proven to be real. That the man that had tried to kidnap Lucy had escaped jail.

The blonde haired male looked at the other guys in the room. Natsu looked extremely angry, he was tied to a pole because he had tried to run out irrationally so they had to tie him down. He had created such a fuss before but had now fallen quiet. The only people that made much noise before was Sting and Natsu, Rogue had been pretty successful in quieting down Sting though. Jellal, Lyon and Loke hadn't said a single word during the whole affair. All they could do was wait quietly as the time slowly ticked by.

A knock at the door broke everyone out of their thoughts, Sting and Laxus were the only ones that actually stood up, the blondes assumed that the others were too anxious to answer the door since they feared the worse. Sting didn't even hesitate  for a second as he strides towards the door to the hallway. Laxus's followed him close behind. His heart was pounding and he felt the butterflies in his stomach flutter anxiously. Sting was the one to open the door. It was pelting down rain outside, the wind roared loudly as the trees whipped side to side.

They weren't expecting to see who they did standing at the door.
"Who the hell are you?" Sting growled out, he had gotten his hopes up only to have them crushed down, now both the blondes would return to waiting. The person out the door had bright green eyes that were shadowed as they looked at nothing in particular. Her long hair was drenched with the rain and so was her long pink dress. The girl had long blonde hair that was wavy, she had white pointed things in her hair. She wore no shoes on her feet that looked torn apart as if she hadn't been wearing shoes for awhile now.

" you really don't remember me, I guess it has been awhile." Laxus was confused by the girls words also by the feeling of recognition inside of him, as if he had seen her somewhere before. Apparently to the girl in front of them, this wasn't the first time they had met either. Before either males could speak up, she looked up and looked them both of them in the eyes, her green eyes sparkling with unshed tears, she lifted up her hand revealing a white mark that looked like a fairy with a tail.
" my name is Mavis Heartfilia"

{what you believe is the truth isn't always true}

A/n: Happy New Years!!! I know I'm a bit late haha, There is a lot to take in from this chapter as well. I'm glad with how well written it is. If you have any questions comment down below and I'll happily answer them. Anywho I hope you all are having a good day/night and I will see you all in the next chapter. Until next time lovelies~
Date written: 2/1/18
Date published: 2/1/18
Date edited: N/A
Next chapter: The web of lies untangles