one

UPDATE: there's a trailer of this story go check it out on this chapter's external link! enjoy xx

~

"Come on now, Draco let's leave this place" Narcissa patted Draco's back. They turned back against the ruins of hogwarts, continued to walk among the broken floors of the outside of the school.

"No." He muttered.

"What did you say?" Narcisssa asked, unsure of how his reaction to everything was unlikely of him.

"I said no, mother." He said it once more, a little more louder than before, looking straight into his mother's eyes.

"Draco Lucious Malfoy, what is the matter with you?!"

"I don't want to become a part of this anymore! I've seen it all! After everything that has happened do you really think that I wouldn't change my mind about you? About father? About all of this?!" His voice shakes along with the words he carried out. His hands curled in a fist and his eyes started to water in both anger and sadness.

Narcissa then grabbed his arm, squeezing it tight as she says, "you listen to me and you better get this in your head. We are not one of them. We are not a part of those people inside those ruins! We are against them, damn it don't you remember?"

"No.. not anymore" he shook his head, removing his mother's grip from him and apparated himself away from his mother.

~

// 1 year later //

It was a lovely day in hogsmeade. Only 4 more weeks until Autumn. Ron and Hermione were about to meet Ginny and Harry for lunch.

Hermione's arm was clinging onto Ron's as they open the door, seeing Ginny and Harry sitting on the corner of the room. They walk to them, taking a seat.

A waitress comes in to come take their order. "What will you be having to--" she stopped and stared at the people she was about to talk to. "Day.." she continued. The four of them were in shock and Ron's jaw dropped.

"L-lavender?" Ron asked.

"Nice to see you again, Ron." Her face suddenly lit up, releasing a grin upon her. "I thought you died! I'm sorry for saying that, I shouldn't have said that"
"No, no it's okay. I'm all right.. now. I also thought I was going to die but luckily Madam Pomfrey found me and..." she looked over Hermione who is sitting beside Ron, gesturing that it is true that they are now dating.

"So," Lavender cleared her throat.

"What will you be having today?"

"I'm not really in the mood to eat right now, can I just have a glass of butterbeer?" Hermione politely asked, Lavender's eyes start to twitch a little at her as she faked a smile.

"Do you want strudels?" Ron asked the group. Harry and Ginny nodded in agreement. "Okay we'll have the strudel and another glass of butterbeer." He says to Lavender, her smile never left her as her eyes meets to his. Lavender was definitely up to something.

"All right. Okay" she sucked her breath, the smile never left her face, walking away from them.

"I swore I think I heard her muttering something underneath her breath." Ron said. Their conversation was interrupted by a loud thump of the door. They all looked at the man entering the room. Everyone stopped and stared.

It was Draco.

"This day has got a lot more surprising than it should have. There are really a lot of things we have missed, didn't we Harry?" Ron chuckled.