twenty three

author's note: I recommend you listen to this track whilst you read this--- enjoy!

~

Hermione and Draco went out of the museum, and walked to the park right across. The birds were chirping and everyone was either taking pictures, strolling around, or having picnic dates.

They stumbled across a man who happens to rents bikes for five euros for one hour. "Wanna ride?" Hermione asked. "What?" Draco glanced at her.

"Ride a bicycle. Don't worry, I'll teach you" she said. "Oh uh.. okay."

Hermione walked up to the man and rented two bikes.

"See, this is just like riding a broomstick. But no flying, and you have to pedal. Now, sit on this chair, and you have to put your feet on the pedals and start peddling." Draco nodded at her instructions, mounting the bike and slowly started peddling, almost as if he was out of balance. Hermione tagged along.

"Not bad for a beginner like you," she smiled at him, Draco was so astonished by the view of the park, leaves were falling down as a sign of the near autumn, the cold breeze coming through him, and the sound of the bicycle bell ring onto his ears, making their way to the famous Arc.

Draco had seen couples holding hands whilst he was cycling his way. Thinking whether or not he should tell her. Or maybe let her slip away once more like he did before.

It took them about two minutes until they have reached the Arc, Hermione stopped her bike for a moment but Draco didn't know how, "just hold the trigger on the handle" she said to him. The bicycle turned to a complete stop, as they both admired the view.

"Wanna take a picture for souvenier?" She asked, pulling out her camera. He nods, taking the bicycle with him and poses behind the arc. "All right, one... two... three" she says, taking a snap of Draco. The polaroid came out, shaking it to reveal his photo. "Looks great. Your turn" said Draco, taking the camera off her hands as she walks up to the arc, doing a pose. After the photo, he shook the polaroid to reveal it, and he muttered under his breath "beautiful"

"We uh.. we should..." Draco wanted to have a picture with Hermione but was too coward to ask. "Let's ask somebody to take our picture" she finished his sentence, as she looked up upon Draco and smiled.

Hermione picked up the courage to ask a local to take their photo. "Ok. One.. two..." said the local, Draco pretends to yawn and slowly puts his arm around Hermione's shoulder, and to both of their surprise, Hermione moved closer to him, as she leaned her head at Draco. Both of them blushed.

After the photo taking, both of them glanced over at their very first picture. "Thank you so much, it looks lovely" Hermione said to the local. "No problem, you two are a lovely couple!"

"Oh, we're not--" Hermione's words trailed off and instead, she smiled. Both hearts beated faster than it was.

"I'm feeling kind of hungry, wanna go get food?" Said Hermione, who tried to avoid the topic by getting food. Draco pursed his lips and nods.

They still had 40 more minutes of bike riding so they decided they take a stroll aroung Champs-Élysées, full of restaurants and bakeries and other beautiful things to see. But as far as Hermione's concern, she felt a bit awkward that they're biking around the place that was full of couples.

Hermione thought it would be fun if she could take him to shop around the muggle world, so she stopped at a nearby clothing shop, and dragged Draco inside.

"How about the Draco Malfoy tries on some muggle clothes?" She smirked.

"Go on pick whatever you like, I'll be over to the women's section if you--" but she was cut off when Draco held Hermione's sleeve when she was about to walk. Hermione looked at him with a slightly puzzled look.