twenty nine

After the quidditch game between the gryffindors and the hufflepuffs, Hermione decided to stay at the benches to watch the ravenclaws practice but really she wasn't feeling fine now that she thinks that everyone she loves leaves her for someone else.

Once the field had actually cleared out, she stayed and cried once more. Not knowing what to do, and not wanting to tell Ginny because she just won and doesn't want to ruin her celebration.

When she was crying, someone patted her shoulder, a familiar voice of a girl greeted her.

"Hermione?"

She lift her face to see none other than Lavender Brown, as she sat down and asked, "what's wrong?"

"Why are you here?"

"Well that's rude..." Lavender scoffed. "Look, I'm here to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I did and I knew I could have let Ron go--"

"Ron and I broke up already." She sighed. "But as a friend of Ron, this doesn't mean that I want you to snog him. Atleast not in front of everyone's faces," Hermione scoffed.

"Oh... so, it's true then? You and Draco?"

"Whatever you heard..."

"He really did like you back then, you know?"

"What?"

"I mean, not nosing around or anything. I was in front of him in divinations class. Sometimes he and Blaise would talk about you."

"I guess he was just teasing me about--"

"No, he.. he kept dreaming about you," said Lavender. "And trust me, I'm good at divination--"

"Can we not talk about Draco or Ron or anybody right now? I... I just wanna be left alone," Hermione snapped.

"Okay," Lavender pursed her lips, leaving her afterwards.

Sadly, Hermione's wish to be left alone didn't work at all. Ginny was looking for her, so Ginny went to the quidditch field, and found her bestfriend crying at the bleachers.

She abruptly ran all the way to where Hermione was and raised her voice, "Hermione! Oh my god, what happened to you?!" Sitting beside her and patting her back. But Hermione had already wiped her tears and sucked in her breath and said, "nothing. Just sick, that's all"

"Hermione you cannot tell a lie to me again, I swear to merlin you've been lying to me for over the past couple of weeks and I am so fed up with it NOW TELL ME!"

Then, Hermione broke down crying, now this time, putting her head on Ginny's shoulder. "This is about Draco, isn't it?" She asked, and Hermione nods. "Oh hell no, what did he do?!"

"I think it's about me too. Can't you see Ginny? Who would love someone like me?" She frowned, fiddling with her handkerchief. "I'm ugly,"

"Hermione do you want me to slap some sense out of you? You got Viktor Krum as your date to the yule ball, Cormac McLaggen fansies you, and I think even now. And he's still a heartthrob. You're not ugly"

"I am,"

"What did Malfoy do to you? Did he force you to do something? Is he mean to you? Did he cheat on you"

"God dammit Ginny! Haven't you heard? Everyone's talking about him! About him and Astoria" she spat.

"Astoria?"

"She's Draco's ex girlfriend."

"I'm gonna hex him" she quickly stood up.

"Ginny no!"