seven

At the next few hours, Hermione stayed in her room, pre-reading the books she had bought, practiced pronouncing spells, memorized a few potions until Draco started stirring up in her mind unintendedly.

"Oh please, I've aced my potions back at hogwarts, looking right through you wouldn't be as hard as that." She could still hear Malfoy's voice echoing through as she fiddles with her wand, she felt immediately disturbed by it and threw her hands in her hair, messing it up.

She groaned, as the scene kept replaying over and over in her head thinking maybe it could have gone the other way.

Malfoy is bad, but not as bad as before. I guess he really is trying to change. She thought. She had never expect that Draco would've actually excelled at something rather than becoming a follower of the dark lord. He was rather low-key clever, but never boasts about it not until now.

The sun was already down and her stomach starts to growl, so she took her potions book, exited her room and went straight down for dinner.

Unexpectedly, a tall, ginger-haired man was sitting across the table downstairs along with company.

"Ron" she muttered

"Hermione," he immediately stood up, cracking a smile from his lips.

Hermione immediately fixed her messy hair, and walked closer to them.

"Hermione, look. I'm so sorry for everything.."

"We've tried explaining to you, Hermione would you care to listen now?" Harry, who was sitting across Ginny looked at Hermione with pitiful eyes.

Hermione couldn't help but to nod, so she took a seat beside Ginny and the three of them explained what really happened.

"I... I'm so sorry, Ron."

"It's all right." He sighed, with his two hands intertwined he looked down at the table and continued, "Hermione, do you wanna go back?"

Back? She thought to herself. Though she missed Ron so much she couldn't shake off the bad memories they have shared over the months.

"Hermione, I love you. Please, come back" Ron pleaded, his eyes stared right into her, begging.

Still doubting, Hermione hesitated and finally nodded.

After dinner, Hermione and Ginny went back to the room to pack her bags.

"I can't believe I came across Lavender Brown earlier today. Good thing there wasn't any paparazzis to uphold that scandal." Hermione scoffed.

"And to think she had changed for the better. Seriously, the lady got a chance to live if it weren't for madame pomfrey saving her life." Ginny pointed out.

"I know." Hermione chuckled. "Anyway what have you been up to lately? Since you know, you've been away for days" Ginny asked.

Hermione pursed her lips and shook her head, "nothing much. I just... basically stayed here" she lies.

"Really? And that hasn't bored you at all?"

Hermione noded, picking up her bags and went down the stairs with Ginny.

"All set." Hermione says, smiling at Ron.

They both shared embraces and i love yous and went back home. Ginny thought of staying in their flat for a little while to have some drinks and chats.

"When you were away Ron was mad at himself for doing all nonsense" Harry implied, as he sips a drink.

"Did he really?" Hermione chuckled. "So that's what you've done for the past few days?" She asked Ron.