eighteen

It was almost eight thirty, and Hermione slips on her elegant grey dress and a pair of black stilettos when she heard a knock on the door.

She opened it to see Harry, who was also wearing casually and ready for Slughorn's party. "Hermione, do you mind if I accompany you to the reunion?" Harry asked, offering his hand to Hermione. She laughed and nodded, closing the door behind her.

"I was in perfect timing, wasn't I?" Harry asked. "You sure are--"

"Great now I need to ask you some few questions" said Harry as they apparate to hogwarts.

"Questions? What is it? Wait... if this is about Malfoy,"

"Well you see, I'm a concerned best friend, Hermione. We've been friends for as long as I can remember. You can't just possibly hide something from me" he said. Hermione sighed and nods in agreement.

"Good now I wanna know about you and Malfoy. Tell me everything. The truth and nothing but the truth"

Hermione took a deep breath and explained everything right from the beginning. But she didn't say she fancies Draco.

They were both on their way to the party as they walk through the corridors, until Ginny had called them out from behind to tag along with them. She pretended she was shocked when she heard about Hermione telling the story about Draco and her.

Harry knocked on the door, as it opened almost everyone who had fought at hogwarts were there at the party.

The music had stopped and everyone stared once they saw Hermione Granger with Ginny and Harry.

Some began whispering about what they read at the news, and some even glared at her. Luckily Harry was able to get her out of the bad light by playing the music once more. They walked their way to Ron who was at the buffet.

"Ron," Harry greeted, Hermione was beside the both of them as she sheepishly gave him a smile.

Ron didn't smile back. Instead he went and whispered to Harry, and Harry nodded. Both Ginny and Hermione doesn't know what was going on between the two. But Hermione had a gut feeling it's about her.

"Ron, do you have a minute to talk?" Hermione asked politely.

Ron sighed and nodded, putting his plate down. Hermione pulled him in behind the curtains.

"I want to talk about Malfoy"

"Because he's always in your mind... right"

"Shut it, Ronald! I'm serious! Look, I'm trying to tell you that Malfoy isn't what he was anymore." She said, looking straight into Ron's eyes who looked uninterested.
"Something's changed Malfoy" she continued.

"What he became a nice guy who wants to change the world now?"

"Oh come on, if you were raised with families like his don't you think you would have turned the same? I mean what if it wasn't his choice to be bad? To be a death eater?"

Ron didn't want to have this argument over and over, so he sighed and nodded, even though he still didn't believe Hermione.

"Look, why don't you just give him a chance?" She asked.

"I'll think about it" he licked his lips looking down upon himself and not Hermione. Hermione took a deep breath and nodded to herself, exiting the curtains.

Ron however, felt an extreme pang of hurt from it. He didn't want to cry, but in fact he did. He still won't get over his doubts that Hermione Granger is slowly falling in love with Draco Malfoy. The man who had bullied the trio for years. The man who was the Dark Lord's servant. He was one of them. And now it's hard for him to accept the fact that he had changed for the better.